If SUPERMAN were REAL, how do you think the world would treat him???

Much like Batman V. Superman : Dawn of Justice.

Read Watchmen, Alan Moore answered this a long time ago. Man of Steel as well.

If he lived in my city, I’d be the Bibbo Bibowski.

4 Likes

The fact is Superman would kill us all given the chance. And he would be right to. First of all just read flashpoint (or even watch the movie) and thats what would happen in our world cus were assholes.

1 Like

He would quickly become a pariah. Even Superman can’t be everywhere he is needed. People would hate him when he failed them.

Eventually that hate would manifest as violence, but since we can’t hurt Superman there would be collateral damage.

@brettvonlock I disagree with you for a couple reasons. First off what makes Superman great is that he’s as powerful as a Greek God but chooses to live among us as an equal, only using his powers to benefit mankind. Secondly, though no person is perfect, I do believe the vast majority of us choose to do the right thing in most situations. If Superman did decide to play God I think he would definitely know this since he can “Big Brother” most, if not all of our conversations. But again, he’d never play God.

1 Like

Exactly how it did in the DCEU. BvS was spot-on with the reaction to someone like Superman in our world.

Exactly how it did in the DCEU. BvS was spot-on with the reaction to someone like Superman in our world.

1 Like

Which Superman are we talking about? Snyder’s wimp that called time-out after a year and a half of gradually saving people and looking like he was inconvenienced despite how easy it was? A Supes that was written to be a depressing dope because Snyder wanted him to be a depressing dope so he can appear like auteur? Those movies are heavy with cynicism, which some seem mistake for realism because of misinformation laced with pessimism thanks to, among other factors, idiot pundits. Zack Snyder made the movies that way because he can’t tell the difference, either, and in the process tossed logic and reason into a wood chipper. If you looked at real-life statistics, you’d see violent crimes have been on the decline for years. People who suffer at the hands of others offer their aggressors forgiveness…but that’s not “sexy” enough so it hardly shows up on the news. You can like the movies, but them being “how the world would really react to Superman” is laughable. Well, it would be if laughter and merriment weren’t punishable by neck-snap in the Snyder-verse.

Now, if we’re talking about a competent Superman, like written by Dan Jurgens, or from stories like “What’s So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?”, yeah, there’d be pundits spreading bull because that’s what they do. There’d be people paranoid as to why he’s spending his time [effectively] saving people from crime and disaster, because those types of people just go out of their way to fabricate rage about a good Samaritan to hide their own sense of smallness. But the majority of the planet would not react the way Snyder likes to think they would; this is a man that thought blowing Jimmy Olsen’s brains out was “fun”. He did not factor the real world into his “vision” because reality is boring most of the time. The kind of cynicism and fear BvS relishes in would realistically be in the minority, even if non-wits like Tucker Carlson would have you believe it’s the majority, because ratings are so “important”.

1 Like

that’d be some serious eye candy, especially if he’s as dreamy as Henry…just saying

2 Likes

Regardless of how I may feel about Snyder’s take on the character, one thing I liked was the realistic response to Superman’s existence. You’d either fear him, or worship him. Some may even believe it to be the Second Coming of Christ.

3 Likes

I feel like we would fear and/or worship as we try to kill him.

We live in a country where people already hate “illegal aliens”. A literal one would probably get the same treatment.

On a more serious note, that much power in the hands of one person is frightening. Yeah, it’s awesome in a fantastical sense, but having someone that powerful looming overhead would be more worrying than reassuring.