If Harley Shows Up One More Time in a Book That Isn’t Her’s, I’m Gonna Lose It

It’s Harley’s DCU, we’re just living in it.

5 Likes

That face you make when Harley shows up in another book…

5 Likes

Harley Quinn isn’t bad; she’s just drawn that way. I love strong, independent, kick-ass emotionally scarred goth alt cuckoo for cocoa puffs women in fishnet stockings.

2 Likes

She might not be bad, but I don’t really care to see her so much. I find myself avoiding her more and more. I haven’t read a title with her in it since Amanda Conner stopped.

4 Likes

I think a part of the problem is that some fans are struggling to accept that she has become the next Nightwing: a former sidekick from the Batman titles who now has an audience and an appeal that are largely separated from the character’s original context.

9 Likes

I am not a fan of Harley she just isn’t for me. But if she didn’t sell she wouldn’t be used. Same with Batman so I can’t say she is over saturated for the market. But I will say that even a little bit is too much for me.

2 Likes

Agreed. Let someone else have the spotlight for a bit…

1 Like

I’m so sick of Harley, particularly her current day version. I feel like I just get beat over the head with her in every single DC property.

1 Like

And I can’t get enough of her and her crew

1 Like

Even good things can be overdone. (hence my problem with batman in general too)

I don’t think you really understand what Harley means to people. She was looked over for so long and personally as an LGBT person, someone who has been in a violent relationship, and someone who suffers from mental illness, she makes me incredibly happy and I love seeing her as much as possible.

5 Likes

She was never looked over. She was immediately popular after her appearance. The entire point of having opinions is that you have the ability to disagree. If she makes you happy, that’s fine, she annoys me. Also, not sure what being gay has to do with any of this.

Okay, and I was disagreeing I didn’t say you did anything wrong. The point is a character in the lgbt community becoming so popular is amazing for me and other people in my community to see and yes she was looked over for years as just the jokers gf that’s not something you can really deny they even talk about it in her new show the first ep was about her being overlooked.

4 Likes

Representation in media. Both Harls AND Ivy :wilted_flower: represent many women, victims of abuse, mental illness, educated women, environmentalists, those w/ irreverent humor, bisexuals, etc.
It’s not her fault DC puts all their eggs in one basket. She’ll never be as overused as Bats, tho.

5 Likes

Way to go by the way pulling a Dr. Psycho funny how you only mention me being gay but nothing else I said about myself.
Thank you to Razzcat I wasn’t going to say anything but it means a lot that you did. :heart:

2 Likes

The other things you said about yourself were immediately relevant to the character. However, Harley is not usually depicted as gay, hence why the information wasn’t relevant.

1 Like

villax needs to chillax. one can never get too much Harley IMHO.

4 Likes

Homophobia has kept creators in heterosexual boxes for years and now that the world has become slightly accepting to the idea of openly gay and bisexual characters. In her comic book series she is in a romantic relationship with Ivy! I shared with no feeling of “over sharing” as you put it because those topics are important for people to discuss and not feel shame for. Harley being an amazing popular character who went through so much is important for those struggling with those issues.

6 Likes

I stand for greater inclusion and representation for not only female characters, but female writers, illustrators, and filmmakers.
Harley is a character that I think everyone who struggles with any identity or mental health issue can identify with and see something of Harley in themselves.

3 Likes

@TheBatFamily233

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes