If DC streaming Service Been Around In The 90s...

After watching Young Justice new episodes yesterday, I was thinking if DC streaming service was around back in early 90s, how different would Batman the animated series would have been? I think the Producers would’ve had alot more freedom, who knows, maybe some of our favorite episodes would’ve been a little darker! Would Superman the animated have taken a bit of Darker tone too? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You got a good point! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

STAS and a continually dark atmosphere wouldn’t mesh well.

I imagine there would have been tie-in content for the Batman movies. Maybe a “Coming in 1998: Superman Lives!” promotional announcement too along with promos for the WB and Kids WB.

2 Likes

Stas was very noticeably lighter than Btas. I got a friend into DC last yr & he asked me what to watch 1st. I said do Bold & Brave then btas followed by stas & I’ll tell u where to go from there. I figured B&B would get him accustomed to the rare characters & mainstays, which would be an advantage for btas & stas. He loved B&B & Btas. Then he texted & said, I get that Superman is fighting world dominators, but Batman rarely if ever lost a fight & Supes is getting handled nonstop. I’d never looked at it that way b4. Then he said & why does he need a mask to go into space. I spouted out different reasons then on DC daily they said the same thing, about him being a weaker then normal depiction of Supes & they even specifically brought up the mask & suit in space. So maybe I was just too deep to notice something that a novices fresh eyes picked up on right away. Anyways, my point was you’re right. There’s a good chance that if it wasn’t introduced on a kids oriented channel surrounded by shows of that ilk, maybe they would’ve gone darker. Idk what it was about Stas, but I loved how bright & light it was for the same reason I loved the dark noir style of Btas. It just fits their character origins better imho. Stas always put me in a good mood. Btas was like watching a show in the rain in an alley. Loved the feelings of both of those shows.

3 Likes