If DC Makes It, What Would You Like To See In JSA: Pacific Theater

In the special features of JSA: World War II, Butch Lukic mentions in passing the germ of an idea for this, so I thought it would be fun to discuss what you would like to see if dc did a film on this.
Personally, I would like to see it instead of solder vs. superhero. DC should draw on Japanese tradition, folklore, manga, and anime to create a Japanese counterpoint to the JSA and focus on the JSA occupying these individuals during the battle of Okinawa. However, the film should open up with a Japanese onmyĹŤdĹŤ specializing in wood magic killing Alen Scott. (sorry, Alen, but you are really too powerful) and having a US marine recover the starheart ring by killing the onmyĹŤdĹŤ.
Then have JSA members meeting their counterparts before a massive group battle at the end. However, it is revealed that the marine is still participating with the warning. Bruce Wayne joined the Marines after his world tour of training, joining the marines instead of becoming batman after Pearl Harbor.
Although personally, I would rather see this as a DC black label book that accurately portrays the land combat (with superhero) in this THeater of world war 2 as we generally don’t have comics that take place in it.

What would you like to see if this came about. What kind of Japanese hero would you like to see face off against a member of the JSA?

1 Like

Katana maybe?

1 Like

i was thinking have Her and Dr Light (II) as members of the Japanese team.

1 Like

PS: Include a post-credit scene
Bruce: we killed a lot In the war, but that way won’t work here in Gotham we need to be better then them. I swear on the spirits of my parents to never kill again in a never-ending war on crime.
Selina: goody goody fine.
with that Bruce removes the side arm form his utility belt.

1 Like

That is more of a Hawkman thing, as he regularly discusses this.

1 Like

Who is Selian?

1 Like

typo Selina fixed it, its ment Catwoman. earth two batcat always get married =) I actually have most of the plot of a movie like this written in my head but am intentionally trying to make it interactive. Given Selina is batmans equal in strategic planning in my head plot she is the leader of the second team, having joined because her nun sister maggie was killed During pearl harbor, so she breaks into the white house and approaches the president offering her services.

1 Like

Hawkman working the European theater, and dies so ya cant be used. Also we never get to see what batman can do when he does not hold back. the Bruce is basically a super soldier who took the hard way to become one. he is just as strong as captain America but hold back way more of his strenght. also look how different superman is at the start of JSA: world war 2. this way we get to see what batman can do without holding back well later keeping him as the guy who refeused to kill.

1 Like

Hawkman always comes back to life.

Johnny Thunder fought on the Pacific Theater. How about him?

I do not kill.

1 Like

Yes, Hawkman does come back to life, however, it will still take him years to grow up after he is reincarnated. Unless time travel is involved it takes him about 20 ish for him to regain his memories. in the movie he dies in let’s call it 1943, he would not be able to fight again till 1961 when he is 18 again.

In this concept, Bruce does not dawn the cape and cowl till after the war, so he is not Batman but US Marine (rank here) Bruce Wayne. Batman may not kill, but batman has yet to be birthed into the world. so batman is not yet a born.

Jonny thunders powers like Alen Scotts are a bit too Macguffiny, i am thinking atom smasher, Blue devil(as it would be fun to have him fight a Devilman like hero) or Jade (who would fight Dr light), Zatara, Commander Steel, Catwoman (leader) and Bruce Wayne (not yet batman) as there military liaison like Steve Trever. if as a comic more.

1 Like

Carter Hall himself was brought back in “The Return of Hawkman” as the hero he was when he died.

1 Like

Looked it up and Carter hall was not truly dead but had fused with Katar Hol and went crazy being banished to limbo, where Katar Hol’s soul died (or was killed by Carter Hall) and that restored his sanity. Then thanagarian priests used his connection to Kendra Hall to drag him from limbo. there’s a big difference between being brought back from being alive in limbo and having a Kaiju ram its tail through your spine resulting in your death.

1 Like

Hawkgirl?