If a mainstay identity had to be taken over by another character, who would you want to take up their mantle in the comics?

If a mainstay identity had to be taken over by another character, who would you want to take up their mantle in the comics? For instance, let’s say Bruce and Clark didn’t want to be Superman and Batman anymore, who would you want to replace them? Presumably, it would be for atleast one year. Also, who would their primary villain be? If your answer is a “new character” for both, i’d love it if you described what you were thinking.

How about we have Bronze Tiger become the new Vixen? Common enemies could include Cheetah and Catman.

1 Like

The male version of Vixen is Reynard, though, so I’m thinking we’ll need a new name.

1 Like

Conner Kent for Superman. Apologies to Jon, but Conner’s just older and more experienced. Jon can take up the mantle whenever Conner steps down.

3 Likes

Firestorm for Ghenna or Lorraine or Mikhail or literally anyone. Anything to get him out of the background.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d like to see Tim Drake take over as Batman (I like Grayson better as Nightwing) and his primary villain can be Two-Face. If we wanted to go more outside-the-box, Johnathan Crane as Batman. His fear toxin would add a whole new element to the persona.

It would also be cool to see Roy Harper take over as Green Arrow, it could be a cool opportunity for an expansion of his character. In the New 52 he was basically a train wreck and in Rebirth he seems normal enough, but I’d love to see what he did with the GA identity since I don’t believe this has been done before.

Lex Luthor as Green Lantern of 2814, Luthor has endless drive and knows how to twist arms within the boundaries of the law just as well as outside of them. I think that being a space cop could also change his perception of aliens in one way or another. It would be a cool Elseworlds story if he and Sinestro were GL partners.

Finally, Cassie as Wonder Woman. I think that Donna is a natural pick to replace WW, but I also think that Donna is too similar to Diana and the changes wouldn’t seem apparent. Cassie would bring a new spin to the character in a way that we haven’t seen before.

1 Like
  1. Tim Drake as Batman
  2. Jonathan Kent as Superman
  3. Mary Marvel (or whatever her name is now) as Shazam
  4. Zatanna as Dr. Fate
  5. Milagro Reyes as Green Lantern (replacing Guy)
3 Likes

Tim Drake as Batman would be great!

2 Likes

Not to burst your bubble, but there are at least two stories (one in Geoff Johns’ Teen Titans run, the other more recently in Detective Comics) where Tim Drake does become Batman, and he turns out to be a murderer and a psychopath :grimacing:

His time in Battle For the Cowl was great. The most Batman-like Batman in the story.

2 Likes

I completely forgot about Battle for the Cowl! As I recall, Jason kinda mops the floor with Tim, but I do appreciate how Tim was prepared to step up to the plate.

1 Like

I’d like to see Sector 2814 get a Green Lantern who isn’t human (not sure who they’d replace since I like or at least am pleasantly neutral towards everybody we already have). Or heck, even one who isn’t American. Like, yeah, we’re awesome, but there are six different rings that went to the same (large but not that large) country on the same planet. Even accounting for the fact that several of them didn’t get their rings under typical circumstances, that’s a little excessive.

So, maybe another Ungaran, but there have to be at least a couple other inhabited worlds in the sector. Heck, why not a Venusian worm like Mr. Mind? I don’t think we have any reason to believe he’s the only member of his species.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’d pay good money to see that happen. New issue next Wednesday: Hal Jordan and the Venusian worm!

3 Likes