Ideas For DC Universe Originals

Live action Jonah Hex series
Live action The Question series
Animated Gotham Academy series
Animated Injustice series
Continuation of Green Lantern TAS
Continuation of Teen Titans

A series of animated movies based on scripts that are based on DC properties and owned by WB but haven’t been made into movies.

2 Likes

Have you noticed in the golden age into the early sixties almost all the heroes had comedy relief sidekicks. What if there was more to it than that. What if the sidekicks were actually part of the governments’ attempt to keep track of all these new mystery men that suddenly sprang up. Maybe have the Guardian be head of the Network.

1 Like

@a2.ton.51072 Hmmm. That is very creative. If you have any more ideas, please comment them.

The Question. Full on crime thriller. I’d die happy

2 Likes

There were so many unresolved issues in DC continuity after COIE that I wrote to DC and suggested they needed an ongoing book featuring the Monitor secretly protecting the Timeline. Like he originally did he would recruit various heroes and villains for his mission but they would not remember it since after their particular mission they would be returned to the timeline nano seconds after they were recruited. But any changes; costumes, personalities, injuries or continuity changes would remain in effect after they were returned.

2 Likes

I believe in the potential of Brother Power as a fantastic social commentary if someone who actually knows what they are doing is writing the script. It would be a bit of a gamble but that potential is just so tantalizing. On the other hand Uncle Sam fighting Nazis seems like it would basically print money as a show and be risk free.

A show with Icon’s beginnings. That could be an award winning drama.

2 Likes

Given the excellent handling of Doom Patrol, I would REALLY like to see what they could do with Shade, the Changing Man. Could be out of this world!!!

1 Like

Animal Man Mini=Series

4 Likes

It’s time for an epic live action LOSH series. Sci-Fi Superhero greatness, if done right.

1 Like

Where to even begin?
-A Birds of Prey series/Gail Simone tribute show. Start with Oracle recruiting Black Canary, gradually flesh out the team with Huntress forcing herself onto the team after working with Black Canary and realizing that there’s more going on there, Lady Blackhawk after needing her help for a mission and, finally, Giganta as the team’s muscle. Note that this Giganta would be based on the one from Gail Simone’s All New Atom run, semi-reformed, and with Ryan Choi as a supporting character as Giganta’s super-supportive boyfriend.
-Teen Titans Season 6. There’s been a time lapse, so all the characters are older. Jericho’s on the team, Robin’s Nightwing, Beast Boy goes by Changeling, Raven wears white, and they all have updated character designs. In the season finale, the Justice League falls under outside control, and Batman’s contingency for this (aka the Titans) is activated, and they’re brought to the Watchtower to fight the mind controlled League. At the end, they decide to accept League membership, with the final few seconds introducing a new line-up for Season 7. My choices would be Robin (Tim Drake), Steel (Natasha Irons), Traci 13, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), and Bombshell, with Ravager (Rose Wilson) joining later as a sort of “sixth ranger” character. There would also be a new Titans East.
-Legion of Superheroes Season 3, or at least an original movie. Something to tie up the loose ends and bring the show to a satisfactory conclusion.
-Justice League International, an action-comedy series essentially about a B-list superteam, constantly in the shadow of the big names.
-A series of DC Universe exclusive original shorts, akin to the DC Showcases they did years back, and are apparently planning to do again to accompany the animated movies.
-A future series in which Batman takes his training young heroes thing to the logical extreme and opens a school that secretly takes in young metahumans and budding superheroes and provides a place for them to train and grow. A show about a small school for metahumans (not necessarily superheroes) and a small number of non-powered would-be superheroes, featuring some established characters, like Jon Kent, Mar’i Grayson, and Jai and Iris West, along with some original characters.
Honestly, I could keep going forever.

1 Like

Animated:

1. Lobo series aimed at adults.

2. Sandman adaptation with different animation teams doing each story arc.

3. Movie continuation of Beware the Batman revealing Harvey Dent as Two-Face and turning Anarchy into the Joker.

4. Secret origins anthology focusing on lesser known characters, that could potentially be treated as mini pilots.

Live action:

1. Justice League International single camera sitcom, similar to the Office or Parks and Recreation. Where the action is rarely seen on camara in favor of in fighting, work place politics, press conference debauches and their average lives at home and in public settings

2. Red Hood origin movie that ties into the Titans series. It could expand on the established universe by introducing the league of assassin’s, Talia, Ra’s Al Ghul, and possibly a young Damian Wayne.

3. A Gotham Central procedural focusing on Crispus Allen and Rene Montoya as Homicide detectives working under a seasoned Lt. Harvey Bullock and Freshman D.A. Kate Spencer ( Secretly Manhunter an agent of Batman.)

2 Likes

Creature Commandos Live-Action series.

2 Likes

Loner.victorious yup Animal man series all the way.

Super Sons Animated Anyone?

2 Likes

Martian Manhunter show

3 Likes

Weird War Tales live action anthology - - tonal shifts from let’s say Combat! to MASH to Hogan’s Heroes, but heavy doses of the unknown.

1 Like

Deadman. Something with his character. An Animal man show. Something with Jack Ryder/Creeper. Something from the House of Secrets comics, A Hawk and Dove spinoff, Metal Men, a show dedicated to the original showcase comics.

2 Likes

My top picks are:

Dr. Fate!

1 Like

Hawk & Dove! Let’s go the actors are great!

1 Like