Ideas for a DC cinematic universe

Sorry, thought you were enjoying it like me.

1 Like

I just want to make a cinematic universe with DC characters, and I just want some ideas from others for what I’m trying to do. I didn’t want to seem like a bad person so I hope you understand.

1 Like

Is this something in your head for fun or is this something you’re intending to produce?

1 Like

I would love to produce these but it’s mainly for my passion with DC and movies.

1 Like

I wish you luck in regards to licensing and permission from Warner Bros and DC. That’s a tough nut to crack!

The best advice I can give is to produce something original on your own; learn the ins and outs of filmmaking through trial and error. In fact, make a few things so you know you’ve found your footing. Not only will it give you the confidence to make films but it will also give something to show to studios so they can see you know what your doing and if you’re cinematic voice will be the right fit.

Then, when you’re ready, you can tackle an idea as expansive as a cinematic universe.

Again, wish the best of luck!

2 Likes

Im glad you told me all of that, but all I want is to at least have some ideas for formatting a cinematic universe. You know how to do that?

Honestly, look at the other cinematic universes out there: the universal monsters films of the 1930’s, the Togo Godzilla films, Kevin Smith’s View Askewnisverse of the 1990’s, Full Moon Films universe of the 1990’s and all the cinematic universes today. Study them and see how they chose to connect their films.

Unfortunately there is no easy answer to this. There’s no set way to do a cinematic universe. It could be loosely based by references or it could be crammed with direct references. It could be linked by characters, events or crossovers. It’s really down to personal preference and what YOU feel is best for the overall story.

It’s not something anyone can tell you. It’s something you’ll have to figure out through countless hours of research and figuring out what direction you’d like to go in.

I wish it were a simpler answer but sadly a simple answer to this question doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I simply just wanted some help from other DC fans about what they think is good. I have many comics to read to get down what the best order of movies to make and what they’re like with stories and tones. If you want, you can personally message me about how much work I’ve done on this. See you when you reply. :+1:

I love the MCU, so I guess I’m boring lol

1 Like

I actually appreciate the fact that you want to pursue this passion. I’m trying to get into the entertainment or comic industry (either would make me very happy) through VFX/animation.

1 Like

You know what I think? I think you need to make a discussion for those who are interested in pursuing a career in entertainment, for people to come in and share ideas and help each other out. I believe that every bit of knowledge or assistance helps. A lot of people are trying to get into the industry but don’t exactly know how or where to start. If u like the idea and go for it, pls let me know because I would love to be part of it.

2 Likes

@TheLostMidKnightSon

Glad you respect what I am trying to do. I love making things to entertain people, and I even thought of writing comics as well as movies. The idea for a discussion you made is something I’ll save for another time, so I hope you have a good Halloween tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you, you have a great Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

No need for private messaging. Just stick to your research, create your own original content first and hone your craft and you’ll be alright.

There’s no shortcuts when it comes to creativity. If you do the work, you’ll be rewarded in more ways than you can imagine.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice.

Well if this is something you’re going to do I think you first need to acknowledge what went wrong with the one’s we’ve gotten (DCEU and DCAMU).

DC was built on legacy so there’s a lot more that has to be worked with and developed. But it’ll take a lot more time. You have to build the universe slower, you can’t just throw it together as quickly as possible. This is PARTLY why the DCEU failed cuz they were trying too hard to copy Marvel’s formula in building the JL like they did the Avengers in just a couple films, but Marvel at the time only had the rights to the Avengers to work with which is why it worked for them and not DC as DC has a lot more to work with from jump. This is also why the DCAMU wasn’t good because they only truly worked with Batman and Robin - that whole universe was centered around them with only a handful of departures that you can literally count on one hand. In order to make a cinematic universe your scope has to go beyond just Batman which is not something many people even most professionals in the industry can do right now. So I wish you luck on that front.

Now, personally everyone including the gp that barely know comics know at the very least the trinity’s origins so I would skip those. Do something different. Start Batman with Batman and Robin: Year One since Dick was the first sidekick in comics period and debuted after literally a year of Batman’s publication. Maybe make some references to Batman: Year One and and Long Halloween. End credit scene maybe Barbara making her Batsuit? Superman, we already know he was sent to Earth before his planet exploded and was raised baby the Kents. We need something like Man of Tomorrow where we see him starting his job at the Daily Planet and establish why he is just that. Wonder Woman is tricky cuz of her ties to WW2. And if that’s the case then why does the world not know her? And if she was in WW2 then where has she been all this time. Same with Justice Society WW2 which was masterful BTW and I wouldn’t mind seeing something like that in live action which could cover both WW and Flash’s introduction. An Aquaman and Green Lantern movie are a must as well but those are the 2 characters IK the least about. Anyone else can e established in the Justice League movie but who is the question. I’m partial to the JLU roster with Cyborg, but that takes time to build so idk who else I would add.
From there I would establish the rest of the sidekicks Garth, Kaldur, Donna Troy, Wally, Roy, and Barbara leading to all of them saving the JL. I would lead up to Justice League War. I’d get all the way up to Death of the Family and The Death of Superman, introducing Cass, Supergirl, and the Titans somewhere along the way before doing it though. And after JL War ending with the death of Barry and Wally and Cyborg joining the JL and continue forward with Tim’s generation of heroes.

1 Like

I sincerely wish you luck with creating your story,@BatmanFan2007!

Gentle reminder for everyone that fan fiction discussions on our forums are against our guidelines: please see here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i think they should have starfire movie story how she came to earth protect it from her sister

2 Likes

I, Would Like Too See Zatanna Zatara, Black Canary, Hawk Woman Movies!
I, Would Also Like Too See Hawk Man, Green Arrow, Giovanni Zatara Movies!
I, Think That They Should Make Justice Society of America Movies!
Both Live Action and Animated!

1 Like

2/3rds of your top line are going to happen.

1 Like