Ideas for a DC cinematic universe

I’ll let you guys on a little secret… I’m trying to make my own DC cinematic universe. It’s a passion project, and a practice for my writing skills, but I want to ask my fellow friendly fans for help. Ideas for what to do. Mainly stories to adapt and in what order. Like when can I (probably) kill of certain heroes like maybe Superman, Batman and Green Arrow, Flash, and others. How this can connect in any way. What do you guys think?

Simple, no connections. Self contained stories of whatever sounds fun.

1 Like

That is sadly what I’m not going for. I want to have these characters actually interact, other events in movies causing impacts on these heroes and villains. It may be more complicated but I simply want to make a MCU counterpart for DC only because I am a fan of DC, and want to do what the DCEU (even though I am a fan) has failed at, which is making a planned out cinematic universe.

Then it should be a tv show, not movies trying to be tv.

1 Like

Isn’t that what the MCU did and succeeded at. They also did both do movies and eventually tv so some tv shows won’t hurt to add, like one for the Question.

1 Like

They succeeded at a factory of incomprehensible and boring. That’s The Marvel Way!

1 Like

I don’t think the movies are boring… well… most of them. But I think DC can do possibly better if they try good enough. I’m only doing this as mentioned as a big passion project, so don’t take this as something serious.

DC has done better by making animated movies in the DCAOM. Just look at the early ones where each movie gets their own unique cast and style to fit its story.

2 Likes

I think one thing that can make them boring is if like the Marvel movies they all have a charismatic and likable hero with the play it safe humor.

Therefore, if DC were to do a successful universe I would like to see more diversity of personality.

2 Likes

I know the DCAU movies are great and totally underrated, but I think they still had at least a connection. I enjoyed the MCU, DCAU, and DCEU all a lot, even if some of the movies I watched were a miss. I mentioned still that I want to do something a little more big. Can you respect my decision in that?

1 Like

I totally agree with this. I think I would have more serious movies that talk about problems more realistic than the MCU did, with more broken heroes like Batman for example, and many brutal moments in each movie.

1 Like

One of the thoughts I had is how many times should I use Darkseid? I think the first Justice League movie is perfect for him but what about the second Justice League movie? That is a though question. I think Dakrseid could return as a later villain as well too. But still, don’t know if I want to reuse him again for the second Justice League film.

None. Darkseid is massively overused and I can name hordes of omega threats more interesting than him.

1 Like

But I think Darkseid is a great villain to use for the first movie, and more than just one. I know he is used a lot but that won’t stop me from also using the Joker and Lex Luthor despite me having the same problem with them.

I think Green Lantern deserves to be a backbone for these movies. There are many of the Green Lanterns and any of them could have their own trilogies. I would love to go with Hal Jordan first. Get Oscar Isaac or Armie Hammer to play him.

Joker and Lex are far more interesting. Only Super friends made Darksy more than a simple evil overlord.

1 Like

Super Friends Darkseid was kind of a loser though. He just wanted to pork Wonder Woman. Darkseid is literally evil incarnated. He has Dark in his name for goodness sake!

If you guys want to know, there is this great series of videos of someone named Hyrbid explaining his own DC cinematic universe on the YouTube channel HN Entertainemtn. I highly recommend them.

So is Eclipso, Mordru, Sky Tyrant, Owlman, Deathbringer, and many others.

1 Like

Can I just have some help for making a cinematic universe of DC characters for fun instead of arguing with you please. I’m not in the mood for it.