I'd love to see JJ Abrams direct a Superman Movie.

It looks like JJ Abrams will be working with WB. I like to believe there’s a chance that he’ll direct a Superman movie. What do you all think?

4 Likes

I’m okay with that. But I really want to see want to see Patty Jenkins direct a Superman movie.

2 Likes

Jenkins can direct any DC film she wants as far as I’m concerned

2 Likes

I can see it now… “Who is Superman’s dad?! Who knows! And wait…who’s Superman’s real villain?? Who Knows! And wait… What’s the story with Superman’s dog?!! Who knows! and Wait… What color is Superman’s real underwear??! Who Knows!..”

2 Likes

He already got hired for the job once. Sounded kind of lame.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.denofgeek.com/us/movies/superman/136120/superman-flyby-jj-abrams-superman-movie

2 Likes

I just want a Superman movie, not an Elseworlds story and not another origin…just an honest to goodness Superman movie.

3 Likes

@moro
I agree. I really need to see Clark being a journalist and of course being Supes too =)

2 Likes

Right? Here’s hoping WB get their shit straight and make a Superman movie for the ages…while we’re all still alive :joy:

1 Like

yes no origin just good old blue fighting for truth & justice

2 Likes

I wish one of Christopher Reeve’s sons would just be like yeah I play Superman. I don’t act but Supermans in my DNA

1 Like

You guys could always just watch Superman 1 & 2 on loop…

1 Like

only the donner version

3 Likes

I’d watch that for sure

1 Like

I would prefer someone different direct. He would be a great producer though.

1 Like

He does space movies a lot.

Green Lantern (Corps) is his jam.

2 Likes

I think Green Lantern Corps would be more Abrams’ speed.

He wrote a Superman screenplay years and years ago that reportedly sucked and quite hard too.

In any event, I’d be fine with him directing a Superman movie. He can certainly get franchises up, up and away with no problem.

5 Likes

It would be cool to see him do Green Lantern Corps. Can you imagine JJ & Geoff Johns becoming good friends working together? The ultimate team up! I’d even like to see JJ write a couple of comics for DC!

1 Like

Would be awesome but too bad Warner doesn’t wanna make a Superman film.

2 Likes

Would love to see him do GLC, but Superman seems like a movie for another director. Though Abrams does well with the light-hearted, and still serious movies.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if Abrams and Johns aren’t friends already. Johns got started in Hollywood before comics afterall.

2 Likes