I was today years old when I realized...

I have watched the Bill Murray Christmas classics “Scrooge’s” many, many times and was watching it again yesterday. I then realized the smug, up-and-coming executive Brice Cummings, who was after Francis Cross’ job was played by John Glover. As in the same John Glover as who played Lionel Luthor in Smallville. Now when I watch, I pick up on the voice because he looks nothing like Lionel.
What’s your moment where you realized something related to DC Comics even though it’s been there forever?

4 Likes

Voice Actors always blow my mind. I remember as a kid when it came to voice actors I’d get real astonished over who were behind them. When I learned John Glover, Lionel from Smallville was the voice of The Riddler on Batman the animated series, Michael Rosenbaum, Lex from Smallville, was Flash on Justice League & Roddy McDowall, Cornelius of the original Planet of the Apes, was the Mad Hatter on Batman animated were all amazing to learn. Then learning Mark Hamill , Luke Skywalker, was The Joker by my mom… now that was truly mind blowing when I was a child lol

Live Action i’d probably say learning at a young adult age Michael Keaton who I knew played Batman, played another Dark Burton character I love… Beetlejuice. Never knew it as a kid but it just made him even cooler to me now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol @ today years old

3 Likes

I used to watch Batman ‘66 every day after school in the mid-late 1970’s. When I moved to a new town in 79 Batman stopped being shown. Fast-forward ten years and Batman 89 hits theaters with a novel by Craig Shaw Gardner and an audiobook of the novel read by Roddy McDowell. The choice seemed like an odd one to me because I didn’t associate McDowell with Batman. A few years later I started watching Batman 66 on FX and recognized McDowell in the Bookworm episodes I smacked my head V8 style when I realized how perfect the choice was…(this of course made Roddy’s casting as the storybook-inspired Mad Hatter even more perfect,)

3 Likes

I recently had to watch a documentary about the Aztec for school and the narrator was so fakiliar but I couldn’t place her. When i googled it I found out it was CCH Pounder who voices Amanda Waller in the Justice League cartoons. Also, a few years ago Kevin Conroy did the narration for a few sharkweek videos on Discovery.

2 Likes

For years I honestly believed that Oswald was raised by Penguins in the sewer Tarzan style, because my friend told me that when we were 7 and watched the movie together. I believed the whole “has never been to the surface world” thing.
I didn’t question that narrative until I was in my 20’s.

3 Likes

@Miche Batman voicing for shark week? Maybe he is making up for using bat-shark repellant in that movie.

1 Like

When I found out the guy playing King Ezekiel on Walking Dead was the voice of Cyborg. Blown away.

1 Like

Not only was Ellis (the jerk from Die Hard) the character of Ethan in Supergirl (1984) but he also voiced Arthur Reeves in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. So he has two DC Connections.

2 Likes

For years, my dad told me Fred Stickley in Batman Forever was played by Ed Begley Jr. (or “Bagels” as I call him). I just didn’t see it and said “Nope, it’s not him.”

Years later, I checked the film’s credits (which I had seen numerous times, I just never checked to see who played Fred, oddly enough) and IMDB. Afterwards I told my dad: "As Gene “Lex Luthor” Hackman said in Crimson Tide: “I was wrong and you were right.”

4 Likes