I Need Some “Uplifting” Comic Suggestions!

I love the Batman 66 comics, they are always fun to read

5 Likes

Tiny titans or lil Gotham!

I’m feeling for you, and your father is in my prayers.

5 Likes

You are all so awesome I’m digging in and coming back and forth to read em all!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you for all the thoughts and prayers

8 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. Wish the best.

Haven’t read to many comics not sure I’ve looked at a lot of uplifting comics. The first thing to came to mind are some of the Holiday Specials. They’re probably out of season but they do have some nice stuff in there.

4 Likes

Super Sons.

4 Likes

Super sons is fantastic! Not much of a Damian fan, but I like him in this series

5 Likes

@Dcgoddessofmayhem: I am saddened to hear about your dad. I will say a prayer for him. And you most certainly need to “relax the mind” through such trying times. May I humbly suggest The animated series: Batman: The Brave and the Bold? It will make you laugh. And you know what they say about laughter?

6 Likes

For laughter, @AlexanderKnox made some great Ambush Bug suggestions to which I’ll add DC Comics Presents (1978) #81.

It stars Ambush Bug, Kobra and Superman, and it is hilarious. There’s a golf cart too!

6 Likes

Wonder woman v1, start at issue 168. Holy guacamole, so much lunacy! So much UNINTENTIONAL lunacy

5 Likes

If you love Batman, Do Brave and the Bold, it’s hillarious

3 Likes

First of all, I’m terribly sorry to hear about that. :cry:, I hope things for you and your family, including your father, will get better.
Now here’s some comics for you, including some that have personally helped me!

* Booster Gold (2007-).
* Harley Quinn and Power Girl (2015)
* Harley and Ivy Meet Betty and Veronica (2017-)

* Wonder Twins
* Batman (2016-) #37.

There’s a lot more, but unfortunately that’s all that I can think of at the moment.

4 Likes

Uplifting! I just remembered the perfect answer to this.

The Star-Blossom stories.

Thus far she has only appeared in two comics - The Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary Special and in the more recent Wonder Woman #750 .

Star-Blossom is a character that simply radiates the feeling of being uplifted.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about the circumstances. I’ve lost people whom I truly live both young and old. It is always difficult.

As for fun and uplifting.
For fun:
Power Girl was great and had some fun elements. Rather than ignoring or chastising those who are enamored by her “assets”. They kinda leaned into it and that created some fun tongue in cheek humor.

Stars & STRIPE I thought was another fun and uplifting series, and a good foundation to get ready for Stargirl series.

I must confess that I’ve always found mid ‘70s - mid 80’s, just before COIE, Supergirl to be fairly uplifting comics. It came at a time when more powerful female heroes were being brought to the forefront because of the ERA and they are still coming of age stories as well. So you see hope and positive growth in multi-dimensional ways.

Late Silver Age and Bronze Age Flash stories as well. People forget that pre-COIE, Barry was the heart of the DCU. He was “a good man” and was really motivated by the idea that evil can succeed if good men do nothing. So it was his responsibility as a good man to do something. If there was ever a character that believed that people can change, that people can be redeemed, it was Barry. That mantle really only fell to Supes post-COIE.

So it depends on what you find fun and uplifting, but those books/runs above have helped me out from some very dark places over the course of my life. Hope they might be helpful.

4 Likes

The batman 66 series is always fun. Sorry for your situation. But its goofy and should bring some joy.

4 Likes

I second the Gotham Academy recommend. I also agree with the Super Sons recommend. I also liked the Little Gotham run.

4 Likes

I’m sorry I couldn’t recommend these under better circumstances, I hope they help in some way.

Although I haven’t read them myself yet, I’ve heard great things about Bizzaro, Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen, and Shazam. As for personal recommendations I would say Superman: Birthright and the Blue Beetle (2006) have plenty of moments of inspiration and levity

5 Likes

image image

Some small snippets to see what to expect

5 Likes

Oh man. I am so very sorry. I hope that everything gets better. I read some of the Young Justice, which was pretty fun.

4 Likes

Dcgoddessofmayhem sorry to hear that your dad has cancer :disappointed:. I wish you guys the best of luck

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you are going through a lot and I wish I am glad to help in anyway possible. I pray that he makes it out okay, not just for him but you as well. You should definitely try some Ambush Bug as others suggested. Maybe some Heckler issues, those are pretty funny. The Larfleeze issues are pretty funny- reminds me of the Harley Quinn Animated series if you like that.

6 Likes