I need shows to watch

To try to stray away from the answers you already got I’d say Batman Beyond is entertaining and Constantine, the movie and tv show, are great if you’re into that.

For modern, The Batman Animated Series, Brave & The Bold & GLAS.

I’d suggest all the pre-BTAS and try to look at them thru the lens of their time, they won’t look as cheesy. Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman as well. Given the strict tv censorship of its time, it is phenomenal, and a true classic. Is it the Wonder Woman we know today, no. But it was made 40 years ago. Like what we see with all things, they are a product of their time.

Will Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing or Young Justice hold up as well 40 years from now? I doubt it.

The Brave & The Bold might, as it is looking at the Silver Age through a modern lens. But that’s about it. All the others will, IMO, fall by the wayside.

There are a few classic DC Animated movies that are very rewatchable. The first Wonder Woman animated film, JL: Crisis on Two Earths, JL: Gods and Monsters. JL: Doom (especially when looking at the villains) & GreennLantern: First Flight. They all have a lot to be unpack in those movies. I’ve seen each of them at least 5 times, and always seem to find some nuance I missed before. (I, like you, own them all. Some of the extras/docos are worth multiple watches.)

Also, Necessary Evil, is a fantastic doco looking at villainy in itself and using DC villains to do it. And it’s narrated by Christopher Lee.

1 Like

i tried wathcing all star games, and felt very strangely about it, like it was scripted but not i get the Roleplay thing and everything but i really dont find its for me, id have to feel very bored to watch it honestly.

i love how brave and the bold throws in other aspects makes it like a kid friendly pop culture allusion. like the doom patrol dying and they make fun of their own show

2 Likes

love this one!!!

It’s awesome. I love the easter eggs. Like the circus posters, when they go to recruit some of the Doom Patrol. obviously, at the Circus. As far as poking fun & Doom Patrol, Rita Farr recruitment is great!!! Lounging poolside w/o a care in the world.

1 Like

D-O-O-M P-A-T-R-O-L. Doom Patrol!! Let’s die!!!

1 Like

Yes, B&TB is full of Easter eggs.

It really is a twisted love letter to the silver age.

To do parody of zany, camp comedy, a stroke of sheer brilliance. It’s a great reminder that comics can be these wild, fun, fantasy stories. They don’t always have to be “deep and meaningful” :roll_eyes: Mostly because when they try, they usually aren’t. There are some exceptions of course, but more “deep and meaningful” fail in that rather than achieve it.

I’ll second @AlexanderKnox’s suggestion about adding The Adventures of Superman and Lois and Clark to your viewing schedule. Both shows are tons of fun and provide two distinct iterations on The Man of Steel.

1 Like

thats the nightmare monkeys episdoe from young justice outsiders and thats my favorite episode ever!!

1 Like