I Made a Flash-Themed Typewriter

Seriously cool!

2 Likes

What is that, like an IBM Selectric I?

3 Likes

It’s a Montgomery Ward 900T Deluxe .

2 Likes

That is beyond cool and a great idea. One im gonna have to “steal”, i have an old tw around here myself and bored as heck. Got a diff ‘hero’ (using that loosely) in mind ill post when done. Got any tips? Again your’s is awesome.

3 Likes

That is so cool! Yes! It was a very fun process, highly recommend if you have things laying around. I collect typewriters but this was the only one that didn’t look as cool as the others so I gave it a makeover.

Is it a manual or electric? I’d say, get it to working order. If you need help with finding parts, I think you can get creative. I needed a new belt, so I just ordered a custom one. I replaced rubber feet with some rubber I found at the hardware store. clean it all out and scrub the keys with a toothbrush. You may want to use a pin to clean out any gunk stuck in the keys. I pulled the entire casing out so I didn’t have to cover up any hardware. If that’s the case for you, then I’d recommend sanding and thoroughly cleaning it off, coat very lightly and evenly and let it dry completely before the next coat. It make take you the whole weekend but it’s worth it. Then coat it. If you have any other Q’s just HMU. :smiley: Good luck!!

3 Likes

The real test will be, how will it stand up to speed typing.
Really nice job.

2 Likes

It’s so fast, I’m surfing the net.

3 Likes

I love typewriters. You just put more magic into the world. Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s so awesome!!!

2 Likes

OH MY GOSH…this is so siiiccckkkk!!!
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thats is schway :hushed::+1:t4:

1 Like

Why is this the first time I heard schway! Haha, thanks for that.

2 Likes

When I read the title of your post, I already had a mental image of the typewriter. This looks better than I could have imagined. Great job.

2 Likes

Cool!

2 Likes

That looks amazing! I kinda miss typing on a Typewriter, it feels kinda good. Probably why I like mechanical keyboards.

2 Likes

Oh wow that’s awesome :two_hearts:.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! How long did it take to make?

2 Likes

A few days to fix and a week or so waiting for parts I ordered. The spray painting I did over the weekend. and Thanks!

3 Likes

Way-cool

2 Likes

very cool!
I always like to see these kinds of things.

2 Likes