I’m The Question, hero of Hub City. AMA

Usually I’m not one for big conspiracies, but this does seem rather odd. I could understand there being some kind of error in the coding that causes some weird translations, but to get full sentences with proper grammar and even parts of what are supposed to be private accounts is just too weird.

3 Likes

It’s no secret that large corporations have been collecting data on us for some time. But it seems the convenience of their use is more important to the public than the security of their personal data. This is why I stick to Alta Vista.

6 Likes

Evening, first time listener, first time commenting. I must know one thing. The plastic tips of shoelaces that are called “aglets”, what is the true purpose of them?

3 Likes

I have two questions, Mr. Question. Firstly, in the United States justice system, one is supposedly entitled to a fair trial with an attorney. If you do not have one, one will be provided, etc. However, does the privatization of the lawyer industry not negate the element of fairness. The very fact that a lawyer may charge higher prices for their services and experience allows one to purchase an advantage in the courtroom, does it not? Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

My second question is, what do you think of the pre-packaged corporate music (“pop”) that pervades our airways these days?

3 Likes

How relevant is having a secret identity nowadays? I mean realistically, pretty much everything we do is being monitored. With all the technology at our disposable, it would take no time at all to find out someone’s secret identity. And as technology gets more advanced, it gets increasingly more difficult to hide behind a mask. I get the argument of protecting friends and family members that way, but even that argument is becoming more outdated and doomed to backfire, as happened many times before.
What do you think, and why do you believe the mask is still relevant?

2 Likes

These questions are getting better and better.

1 Like

Thanks Question! Because of you, today I was able to:

·Pay my bills
·Pay my taxes
·Open the front door, quickly snatch the mail out of my mailbox, scurry back inside, and slam the door before anyone seen me.

4 Likes

How does Indiana Jones manage to keep his stylin’ fedora on while running, jumping and dodging things and antagonists while hardly ever having to hold said hat?

2 Likes

The same way I do, Vroom: a great milliner. With a trustworthy hatmaker who can size a head cover to your exact size, you never have to worry about slippage.

2 Likes

A secret identity is more important now than ever, criminalcore. With so many many threats to personal security, it might even be prudent to carry a dozen or so alternate identities at once. I’m certain that The Batman has more than one himself. And Martian Manhunter can be anyone at any time. As for me… the pseudoderm conceals all.

3 Likes

Do you like pie?

1 Like

Mr. Question, we would be honored if you joined us for a Batman Forever Watchalong over on the Random Thread. I heard the director may have hid subliminal messages in the film meant to corrupt Americans’ minds. Some subtle and others not so much.

4 Likes

Browncoat: capitalism is unfortunately a system which by its very existence contorts the fairness of any set of rules it touches. That’s why men like myself exist to even the odds for the unconnected.

As for that prepackaged pop music, it’s infectious, and chockfull of subliminal messages, but admittedly quite catchy. If you’d like to keep the signals out I recommend lining your hat with a thin sheet of nth metal. Thank u, next question.

4 Likes

Foxman, allow me to let you in on a little secret: there are some conspiracies I invent just for myself. I use transcendental meditation to embed phrases designed to distract into my own subconscious. Why? In case anyone ever tries to break me. All they’ll find is glib gibberish.

Some people might call me crazy. But it’s a desperate gambit that’s paid off more than once.

2 Likes

Vroom: I can’t eat pie. No mouth.

3 Likes

Ben, I’m honored to receive your live watch invitation, but that Riddler character turns my stomach. Perhaps give me a call if that delightful Scooby-Doo/Brave and the Bold film ever comes to the service.

4 Likes

Do you enjoy the sounds of laughter and a cool breeze blowing through the autumn leaves?

2 Likes

Not if the laughter is dismissive, or the breeze finds me without my coat.

4 Likes

Noted

1 Like

We respect your distaste. And Tommy Lee Jones may perhaps share in it.

1 Like