I’m crying my heart is Breaking the Flash movie😭

I am also disappointed by another delay in a Flash movie, but I understand the reason, and I can’t wait to go see it in the theater.
I am not going to pay $20 to rent Wonder Woman 1984 on VOD when in a couple months I can own the movie for the same price. Wonder Woman 1984 deserves a proper theatrical release.

3 Likes

To combat the rumors about Wonder Woman 84:

6 Likes

By the time ww84 comes out I hope we will be able to get out the house and into a movie Theater; enjoying it with fellow nerds and strangers. I also really want some theater popcorn extra butter and an angry orchard!

4 Likes

I heard that Batman was one of the few movies that isn’t getting delayed.

2 Likes

So, given the recent Ezra Miller controversy, did this project just die?

5 Likes

I mean, they can probably come back from that. Let’s not forget everything RDJ did before turning things around and becoming Iron Man. But, I mean, there is always Grant Gustin…

3 Likes

He can, eventually, sure. But I’m more or less just talking about this Flash project. It’s already had alot of problems getting off the ground. I’d be ok with Gustin.
Just to be clear, seeing as I wasnt there I’m not judging him or rooting against him. I just wonder if WB will jump on the opportunity to cancel this film.

2 Likes

Marvel and Disney probably would, but there are worse allegations against Amber Heard, and she’s still set for Aquaman 2, so I wouldn’t be shocked if things keep moving. They might slow things down to see if Miller can restore their image, but the movie is (ironically) moving so slow at this point, I’m not even sure that it would matter.

3 Likes

@Zombedy I say let Grant Gustin be and play the Flash; he is already universally loved and will be looked at as the best Flash. I saw Miller as a Wally West Flash not a Barry Allen. A little personal note if this comes out as a real assault no man no true man puts his hands on a woman no matter what!

5 Likes

Well, Ezra identifies as “they” or “them” so…maybe it wont be seen as sexist? Idk, but I agree with you.

I think the shutdown is necessary, so I can’t fault any production for delays. Especially with shooting on location. That takes months to set up, coordinating with police, city officials, etc. And let’s say you are shooting in an area that shoots a lot on location. (Georgia & Toronto spring to mind.) If a production company misses their window because of this. Somebody else’s might be scheduled for a slot that comes available right as bans are lifted. What do you do? Slide all the schedules? What if you need to shoot at a location in a particular time of the year?

I won’t be surprised if tv shows, as well as films are impacted, quite noticeably.

But, people will deal and do the best they can. It’s all really we can do.

3 Likes

Don’t cry…dry your eye…lol Snoop a loop.

2 Likes

It was going to happen and WB/DC really had no choice. But I think they did the right thing, wasn’t just the flash, everything has been shut down and stopped production. Although given the recent fiasco with Ezra Miller (don’t want to go into it here, go to google and twitter if you don’t know it is not hard to find), I don’t think the movie will be made.

Production has halted for a while and I have a feeling it will ultimately be months before anything really starts filming again. Never mind when they start something like that. And WB is doing better than Disney, who despite everything thinking was bulletproof before this is being hit HARD. But every studio is loding a ton of money already so no telling how much when this is over. I have a feeling a lot of the high budget movies and TV shows in the works will have to be dropped or put on hold because you can’t just stop production completely like this with nothing to release and lose mountains of money, then then months later just flip a switch and everyting is like before.

And so I think a lot of movies and TV shows will be casualties and it was NOT a good time for Ezra Miller to give them a taylor made excuse to drop his. Especially since it was not a home run to succeed before.

3 Likes

Yea that flash movie isn’t getting made anymore, he messed up. It sucks too cause i love him as the flash. Time to find a new actor WB.

3 Likes

@LEXC0RP we have another actor Grant Gustin!

2 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

I could understand why they would charge so much for a rental but even if you’re paying 15 for a movie ticket you still get to see it on the big screen which makes it worth it compared to watching from home for 20. Not worth it at all in my opinion unless it’s to own a copy (digital or physical)

2 Likes

This is coming from someone who doesn’t have kids to take to the movie though. I can see how that puts it in a different perspective

2 Likes

I actually think using Grant Gustin would be a bad idea. Unless they want a CW movie, and that’s not what it should be. That’s why the show exists. Two different timelines, universes, etc. they can easily recast the role. I didn’t think much of Miller’s performance in that role. Some was the writing, but he does not have a Barry Allan core. Gustin grew into it within the CWVERSE over the course of the first two seasons. However, take a noname and build them into a star.

5 Likes

If they still plan to make a Flash movie, then Ezra Miller probably won’t be a part of it. And to be honest, I don’t think I’d want Grant Gustin in there either.

2 Likes