I love this place!

Hi guys,

I’d hate to get sappy on you all on a Tuesday, but in light of the ST chaos last week and yet another round of pens writing “Will this place go away?” I just have this to say.

I love being here. Not just for the comics (although they are awesome). Not just for the originals, though they are great as well. It’s a DC nerd wonderland here with all the improvements and additions made to what they started out with and that’s great.

But this community…I can’t put into words how amazing everyone is here.

You have virtually all different sectors of DC fandom coming to threads, everyday, to share, joke around, argue, agree, agree to disagree, and yet at the end of the day, we come out of it with a shared connection and stronger bond with one another over something we all love (that something being DC).

Those connections and bonds are never stronger than when this place gets tested, time and time again, by the swing and sway of the outside world. And time and time again, everyone (our incredible moderators includes) meets uneasiness and uncertainty with facts, patience, intelligence and a great sense of humor. Essentially, all the things I know this community for.

It says something that now, I look at every other social media platform (Twitter and Reddit, in particular) with the mindset of “Why don’t they have this?” And it’s true: the DCU community is always such a breath of fresh air I can’t help but favorably compare it to the jagged, prickly, often suffocating nature of other social forums.

What I’m trying to say, if I’m saying anything important at all, is this: no matter what happens in the coming months, this platform and this community will always be the prime example of how to build and nurture an environment that welcomes all in the celebration of united fandom.

To put all that in plain English, you guys rock.

I look forward to being here for a long time to come!

29 Likes

Yeah!

5 Likes

@bcbranman3.63559 You rock too, buddy and I couldnt agree with you more. I’ve said it a thousand times and I’ll say it a thousand more, this community is so very unique and special. You just dont find anything similar on the net these days. If this service fails it would break my heart and I’m not ashamed to say so.

But it’s not gonna fail! We wont let it!!

6 Likes

Nuts to Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, the real party is at the DC Nerd Wonderland!

To quote Slim Pickins: Yaaahoooo!

5 Likes

*Pickens

5 Likes

:sparkling_heart::clap::tada::tada::candy::lollipop:
:loudspeaker: Heart, clap, party snap now bring it back
and candy yeah yeah and candy!

4 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165 WHATS UP, BUDDY!!!

3 Likes

I have so much love for this community! You guys rock :smiley:

4 Likes

Are you guys trying to make us Mods cry?

5 Likes

You all are AWESOME!!!

4 Likes

@Harleys Puddin Absolutely! And we’re cryin’ with ya!

4 Likes

If @Applejack sees this y’all will break her. <3

5 Likes

Huzzah

3 Likes

@DCCC Hey hey hey my friend how is your day?

can I use above to address you buddy?
I’m a lil lazy :pensive:

3 Likes

@Aquamon Sure, I’m lazy too!

4 Likes

@Harleys Puddin, Was that thunder I just heard​:zap::zap:. Nay that was sound of a Mods heart breaking​:broken_heart:

3 Likes

@DCCC oh thank you my friend!

3 Likes

Why are you guys like this? :frowning:

2 Likes

What do you mean @HP?

3 Likes

@Harley Puddin What’cha mean?? I hope we didnt hurt your feelings. Ya know we love you and are your side.

3 Likes