I Love Nu’Bia, Black Wonder Woman. Why Isn’t DC Even Trying to Debut Her in an Animated Movie or Series?

I found on Google Chrome about Wonder Woman’s black twin sister, Nu’Bia was debut in February 1973. Fanart create Nu’Bia version of dread hair and afro hair was beautiful. Why doesn’t even debut in animated movie of Wonder Woman or animated series for perfect character of Wonder Woman saga.

8 Likes

I found this today so I came here to DCU to search for the issue she appeared in. I couldn’t find it.

It’s not a movie but she has a new book coming out next year. I hope to delve a little deeper into her story to see if I can learn more.

2 Likes

Id be all for a Nubia show. DC seems reluctant to give Diana her own cartoon or another live action show. So just letting Nubia take the spotlight sounds like a smart alternative.

Have you seen the latest Nubia issues?

What do you think?

A big YES to Nubia! More please!

1 Like

One reason is DC really has very little interest in Wonder Woman movies and shows outside of teams.

The timing is a big issue. As well as the marketing. My guess is Black Lightning was a more profitable concept. Now that Barry met Jefferson, it’s only a matter of time before we see Wonder Woman’s family story!

Right now they have a live action Vixen they don’t seem to have much interest in. True, she had a short, interesting animated follow-up series to her Arrowverse appearance. But since then, nothing. So I’m not holding out much hope for Nubia. But far be it for me to predict the thinking taking place in the boardrooms at CW, AT&T/Time Warner, or DC.

1 Like

It’s been a few years since either Vixen has appeared in the Arrowverse, so it doesn’t even feel accurate to say they have one “right now”

True. But my point being, even Vixen got live action and animated treatment. Something we have yet to see with Nubia, as far as I know. :slightly_smiling_face: