I liked Aquaman, but...

I liked it a lot. Mera was great. Orem got his. It was “Throne of Atlantis” on a bigger scale. What was missing? Let’s talk…

2 Likes

You get it. Lol. Right?

I want more Black Manta. But… I think they went to fast with other things. In the latest comics, Aquaman had a great story. Going real deep. We’ll see where it goes.

1 Like

It was sort of Throne of Atlantis in the same way that the Dark Knight Rises was sort of No Man’s Lands meets Knightfall. The biggest issue I had with it was the slow start. About a third of the movie was set-up and it was fairly lackluster in execution. Also the CGI used to de-age the older actors in the flashbacks was really subpar.

1 Like

I don’t know Atlantean culture, but if Atlanna is still alive, then she would be Queen and Arthur (Orin) and Orem would be princes… That is, unless she abducted the throne.

2 Likes

True. Didnt even think of it. But I think she left to be with Mr. Curry.

Orm wasn’t evil enough. He should’ve killed Atlanna at the end.

3 Likes

I kinda feel like that’s gonna be Black Manta’s job. Given how obsessed he is with taking away everything Aquaman has and loves and knowing Shin probably has an idea of where Arthur grew up, I see Manta attacking Tom and Atlanna as the first strike in the (hoped-for) sequel.

2 Likes

It could have use less Black Manta. Orm was awesome already. Why need two antagonists? Flesh out Orm’s story and it would have worked perfectly for the ending.

2 Likes

Yeah, you cant have Aquaman without the Black Manta.

1 Like

Orm felt like a one dimensional villain I wanted them to put more character into him. he was cool and all but I wanted a better villain out of him and more backstory

1 Like

It was pretty obvious who’s the next villain is. I loved the movie, black manta and his suit. Loved every scene he was in but he’s the next villain. Give Orm the spot light. He’s the reason why Aquaman is gunning for the trident and not manta.

Patrick Wilson portrayed Orm perfectly. Give him a backstory to work with. They lost an opportunity to flesh him out. Can’t do it in the next movie since it won’t have much of an impact anymore.

1 Like

I agree about Orem. The actor did a great job, but the character could have had more depth. I get that. That’s on the writers. I hope they do decide on a sequel. There’s so much more that needs to told to really understand Aquaman. And Mera… I love Mera as a character btw… lol

1 Like

Sorry. Orm… i hate my new phone…

1 Like

What was missing was human emotion, the script was a mess that tried to squeeze every aquaman story in one movie. It was a brainless popcorn movie but it could have been so much more.

But it’s trash…

I just wanted to point out that by the end of the film Arthur Curry is Aquaman but also has the title of Ocean Master…Just wanted to point that out. For now one we refer to him as King Arthur: Aquaman the Ocean MAster

I’m so happy it’s doing well in the Box Office. I was expecting less. The fact that Aquaman might hit 1 Billion is amazing. James Wan is one of my new favorite action directors. I’d love to see him tackle Green Lantern Corps!

1 Like