I just haven't enjoyed the Batman comic for years.....

I really like most of King’s run. There are decades and thousands of comics with Batman punching stuff. So I don’t mind a long decompressed story on the psyche of “Batman.” I just hope the Thomas Wayne stuff is resolved soon. I hate that both Thomas Wayne and Jor-El are running around the current universe.

But since someone else mentioned it, I’ll also jump in and say… I really could not get into Metal and I have no interest in anything that spun out of Metal. And it seems like there are still books being announced that tie into Metal. That’s one event that I wish would just die already.

4 Likes

Batman universe, the bendis walmart book. Total opposite of other current batman books, and totally cool so far. Thats the bat book you’re wantin.

I like complex, thought provoking stories. I’m an adult that can handle different styles of storytelling. I’m guessing I’m the only one here who hates the Adam West TV series.

2 Likes

I’m with Jonah on no being a fan of Metal. I’d give it a six out of ten. Not a complete waste of time because the spectacle is pretty fantastic, but a giant zero from a character and plot angle. I feel Snyder’s Batman is way overrated.

Comic art is just a pretty picture without good writing. And I’m not interested in paying five bucks for 22 pages of pretty pictures.

Metal had pretty good art. But the writing was absolutely terrible. I’m so glad I’ve got DCU and didn’t pay for those issues or for any of the trades.

Seriously. Back in the day, I mowed lawns to earn money for comics. Seeing all the awesome press about Lee’s new X-Men, MacFarland’s Spiderman, and Liefeld’s X-Force, I subscribed to all of them, sight unseen, for a year. I don’t think I’ve bought a Marvel comic since that time.

I learned my lesson. Good at means squat.

2 Likes

Not seeing much thought provoking with King. I see a lot of non setup, repeated dialogue and attempts at being clever with Russian folktales, classic literature and this week even Charlie Wilson’s War quotes instead of original writing. Oh yea, and tons of characters written sadly, out of character. This “human” Batman always reverts to Bat God when the story suits it as well

4 Likes

@yutzy72091 but never get an explanation of how Thomas Wayne is alive and how he got to our earth from a destroyed alt-timeline that does not exist

3 Likes

“THE” Batman needs to spring savagely from the shadows, take down the bad guys, and silently return to the night.

1 Like

I think the answer to your questions about how he got here are coming they just aren’t coming fast enough for you and that can be annoying but it’s coming I’m sure if it also all Batman stories in the modern age revert to bat God when the writers want to not just tom Kings I think that’s just what the character has evolved into over the years

1 Like