I Finished My DC Comics Guitar!

Thank you to every single one of you who sent me support and compliments when I showed my first day of working on this. I’ve honestly been so terrified of finishing this thing, but everyone cheering me on helped me so much mentally c: it is FAR from perfect, but I expected that to be the case before I even started cutting out comic panels. I’m very happy to show you all the finished product!!

69 Likes

I think it turned out fantastic! You did a great job.

5 Likes

Looks pretty bitchen man nice work and a great idea the real question now is how does she play lol :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Thank you! And I haven’t had time yet to plug her in since finishing her up, but as long as I didn’t heck up anything too bad she should still play amazing!

2 Likes

That looks great. What was the process?

3 Likes

Thank you! I roughed up the lacquer a tiny bit with some 0000 steel wool, used painters tape to cover up all areas I didn’t want affected, and then I used mod podge to stick on clippings I took from comic books. After that I sprayed it with some clear gloss spray paint, and slathered it up with more mod podge to dilute the gloss because I sprayed way too much and had it super uneven haha. I used an exacto knife to cut all the edges, and I sprayed many coats of the gloss. I tried sanding some of the coats to get them super smooth, but I kept tearing some of the paper and decided it wasn’t worth it. I just sprayed enough that I felt it was well protected, and then polished it up like I would any of my other guitars @conanthebarbarian

2 Likes

Amazing! We ever gonna get to hear you play her?

3 Likes

Killer work Man!! I’ve thought of doing something similar. Are those actual pages from comic books or did you print out some pages through a computer printer?

3 Likes

That’s so cool! I love swamp thing walking on the right side of the strings! Do you want to make me one!?:thinking: :joy::heart:

4 Likes

They’re from comic books! I thought about printing them out but feared they wouldn’t come out well, the ink may spread, etc. And once I started it was like “Well now I HAVE to do the whole thing with comic books” it just wouldn’t feel like a “comic book guitar” if part of the images came from my printer haha

2 Likes

Haha thanks so much! And to be honest I never want to do this again lmao, it was so stressful and terrifying… That being said, money is money lmao :eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you! And ohhh that’s an idea I hadn’t thought of, next time I’m recording I’ll post something here!

3 Likes

You say you won’t do this again but given your sheer talent and creativity, I have a feeling you’ll be on a new just as stressful and just as cool project! :wink::+1:t2:

4 Likes

That’s incredible

3 Likes

Oh god you’re probably right lmao

3 Likes

Thanks so much :'D

3 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Nicely done :+1::diamonds::black_joker:

3 Likes

Thanks so much! Also, wonderful profile name!

3 Likes