I’d like to know why I should continue to support DC?

Maybe it was inevitable. Maybe I was expecting too much. When Rebirth started up and we got Classic Wally back, I was exstatic! Finally the powers that be were recognizing that older fans such as myself mattered just as much as the new fans they were looking to attract. However it quickly became clear that the powers that be were dead set on making us suffer for our victory. First, they wrecked Wally’s relationship with Linda Park. Then, they used Damian Wayne to give Wally a deadly heart condition. Now… they drive Wally to the breaking point, throw him into a “Sanctuary” (really just a kill-box) and then make him the victim of a mass murder. Of course the powers that be are all slapping themselves and each other on the back for their sense of dramatic storytelling and “real-world” relevance. While rubbing it in our faces that they killed the very characters we loved.

19 Likes

When you are involved in a fictional universe you have to accept that everything isn’t go exactly how you want it too all the time.

2 Likes

So your argument… on why you don’t think DC deserves your support… is that Wally West wasn’t brought back to relive the same stories he already experienced ? Uh… idk man literally DC Rebirth 1 was about how when Wally came back something was at play behind the curtains changing everything. They already brought back Barry and he’s thriving. We have the other black Wally West as Kid Flash. Do we really need a whole fleet of Flashes. OG WW is literally my favorite flash maybe favorite character ever. But I would be mad if he died because that’s why dynamic rollercoaster writing is about. Contrary to popular belief you can reread your old favorites if you don’t like what the new stuff is selling. But to drop all of DC for a couple series arcs. What a laugh

2 Likes

No my arguement is that we (Wally’s fans) ask for his return constantly for five or so years, we get a replacement Wally… C’,mon! a replacement Wally?!? Realistically, that’s all he ever will be! If they had created a completely new character from scratch to be the New Kid Flash with a new name and origin that wasn’t a rehash of Barry and Wally I, It MIGHT have worth it. But naming him Wally West put an Albatross of constant comparisons around his neck as well as an endless series of “When do we get the REAL Wally back?” threads. So then, when DC finally gives us Classic Wally back to have NEW adventures, they keep trying to kill him off to the point where Wally is the new Kenny! Yes, you can reread the same old stories over and over when the new stuff doesn’t float your boat. I’ve been re-reading Wally’s entire run over the last three days! (just finished Terminal Velocity) But how many times do I HAVE to reread the OLD stuff? How many times do i have to reminisce about MY Flash? The truth is I never actually intended to quit DC altogether anymore than i intend to quit reading Flash. largely this is just something that i vented at 3:00 in the morning because i was Angry and frustrated at the powers that be. I agree with you. Dropping everything because you’re unhappy with a single storyline is a laugh…but, so is killing off a character just because you don’t have any plans to use them in the near future. Even if Death in comics has a revolving door, you can only play the kill/ressurrect game so many times.

8 Likes

I know i’m not. All i had left that i was picking up from this was Adventures of the Super Sons, the upcoming Shazam comic and this miniseries. But now i’m dropping what i have left from dc because of them killing Wally off. Sure if they bring him back, i might get a comic or two that he is in but if i get comics from dc again, i’ll be getting way less than what i got when i started reading and getting into dc rebirth (which ranged between 5-7 comics at one point) . I also don’t seem interested in paying dc 8 dollars a month every month to reward them for screwing up so i will only pay on the months when full seasons of their original stuff like Titans or the return of Young Justice are available.

2 Likes

Hmm if only one of the main characters in the book was known for time travel…

3 Likes

Hahaha @golddragon the end of your reply fucked me up. I get in those angry rant modes at 3am all the time. I hear you dude they shouldn’t keep killing him. Truthfully I only read the first 6 issues of Titans Rebirth so I don’t know what happens. But I’m sure if what you said is true and everyone wants their Wally West back then they probably will keep bringing him back

I think ultimately they fucked up by naming black Wally West that in the first place. But what do you do, kill that Wally? Then people would be sad the only black flash is dead. You can’t win I think. If I were the writer I would change time and history so that Wally West was actually the father of the black one, named Wally West Jr. Eh eh? One of them needs to go, but as much as I want the true Wally West to thrive with Titans I don’t want there not to be a black flash. Only cause I’m half black and Flash is my favorite character. It really hits home for me and makes me feel like I have the right to be him for Halloween instead of GL haha. Maybe start sending in some writing of plots

2 Likes

Ultimately, to keep NuWally alive as well as keeping Classic Wally alive, is that somehow it has to be shown that NuWally wasn’t a native of New Earth/Earth 1 (whatever you call it.) Instead he was transplanted here and memories of his being part of everyone’s life in the DCU as we know it were implanted following Flashpoint as part of the overall plan by Dr. Manhattan or whoever. Classic Wally’s escape from the speed force was an unexpected wrinkle that endangered the overall plan and so various events were set in motion to put Wally off the board because ultimately, he would be the deciding factor in defeating whatever hostile force was attacking the DCU proper. (Again, dr. Manhattan or who/whatever) Eventually, it can be revealed that NuWally actually has a completely different name and he was only made to THINK he was Wally West. that way they can do away with the this Wally/that Wally confusion AND NuWally (who I’d personally like to see renamed as Julio Mendez) can stay on Earth 1 as a member of Team Flash/ (The Speed Force) and not be a fifth wheel.

2 Likes

I’m predicting this is going to have a shitty payoff where this is all a dream or part of a simulation helping a character suffering from PTSD. Thus none of these deaths will matter in the end. Maybe one character will actually die (maybe Booster).

I’m fine with King’s current run on Batman but I think he tries to get too deep with his stories and they get muddied. This first issue presents nothing but questions. Which I’m fine with, however none of the questions are even fully formed. I mean, I don’t even get what it is I’m not getting if that makes any sense. We’ll see where it goes.

1 Like

King did just write a story where Booster time traveled and changed Batman’s history so the Waynes didn’t die…and messed up everything. Who’s to say HIC won’t be “fixed” by the end? Trust me, I’m pretty upset with Wally’s current fate, but it’s tempered by the fact that this story is just getting started and I’m sure more twists and turns are ahead.

1 Like

Golddragon71 I have to agree with you. I was excited with his return in “Rebirth “. It was nice to see him in the Titans. Recently, Wally had a big part in “Flash War”. I started acquiring Wally’s issues from the past and reconnecting with the character. The stories from JLA (Grant Morrison) are pretty cool.
Now with this new story, “Heroes in Crisis “,has left me disappointed at DC. How could they have done this to Wally West fans? He just got back from comic book limbo.
Some people are probably saying,”What is the problem? It’s only a story. Why do you want to stop buying comics?
First, comic book collecting is not cheap. I could probably use my disposable income on something else. Second, if you are not enjoying the stories in comics , why would you buy them? So right now, I am disenchanted with comics. I thought DC was going to be more bright and hopeful after Rebirth. Again, I want to see how this story plays out. But I am looking to reduce the amount of books I get.

1 Like

I’m upset about this too. I’m an older fan and a fan of the original Titans. Not happy at all that they have killed off not one but two of my favorite characters with Wally and Roy. Then they have Dick getting shot in the head and getting amnesia. Someone sure seems to hate the Titans.
Hopefully, they’ll find a way to bring them back.
I don’t see any problem with having the 2 Wally West’s. Fans aren’t stupid.

1 Like

DiDio hates Sidekicks and Legacy Characters. He’s always had it out for Wally. Rebirth was technically DiDio and Lee’s idea, but the structure of it with the return of Wally West was all Geoff Johns. But without Johns being around full time to guide and nurture the whole thing we get what we have today. “Flash War,” was by far the best modern Wally story (at least until the last part). Too bad we didn’t get more.

1 Like

True. I huess this as good a time as any to say that i belong to a boarad called the fastest forum alive which unfortunately has fallen into the slow lane as of late I’d like to invite any of my fellow Flash fans whether you’re a fan of Wally or Barry or Jay or even Bart. basically, anything Flash and speedster related We’re trying to get the board back on it’s feet and running alongside the various other comic boards out there. so drop by and say hi. check us out by all means I’ll be re-opening my own pro Wally thread called Wally West appreciation Day that I post whenever one of Barry’s comics comes out. (the original purpose of it was to keep Wally’s fandom and spirit alive until we got him back. after we did I kinda let it go and enjoyed his return but now, well It seems we may need it again and even if this “death” is only temporary, I’ve decided that we could use it as a way of calling for Wally to get his own title.

1 Like

I tried googling it and couldn’t pinpoint which site it was on. Could you link it please?

http://thefastestforumalive.proboards.com

Just remember everyone. We the consumer have the ultimate power. With the power of the almighty dollar. DC’s “marvelous” competition tried to force things down the fans throats. Now, even they have backtracked and given in. Just look at what happen with Batman’s “wedding” issue. It was leaked out before arriving in book stores that the wedding was just a big fake job by DC to generate sales. And, my book store owner and others like him, have copies that they can’t even give away. Dc ignores us fans at their own peril. Don’t let Didio and his ilk get away with these injustices.

1 Like

@darrinw.adcock2.66333 It’s true at the end of the day we the consumer do have the ultimate power with the lack of our financial support. Dan “Got to Shake things up” DiDio never listens to us. He also loves fixing whats not broken. The Batman wedding was a complete joke. His logic for it is that it’s boring for superheroes to be happy. Though I don’t agree with that, wouldn’t it have served both interest for the marriage to have happened and then maybe a year later have Catwoman murdered in some captivating fashion? Anyway the Bat-wedding, the failure of Rebirth, and the decision to replace Tomasi and Jurgens with Bendis on the Superman books have me very close to putting my DC habit on the back shelf until major/proper changes are made and seen through over a significant period of (longer than two years).

1 Like

What do the current writers have against the Wolfman Titans? Or the whole of the Pre-Crisis Universe? You were given the Multiverse back. USE IT.

1 Like