I cancelled Netflix for this

And I couldnt be happier. Money’s been tight lately so back in November I had to make some budget cuts. Netflix was one of them. I signed up for DC Universe like a week after it launched and never looked back. I barely used Netflix after signing up for this, so it really isnt a loss I notice.

I love it

20 Likes

<3 <3 <3 So glad to have you @Samicles33! I don’t think we’ve met yet, but I’m one of the DC Universe mods. Feel free to reach out if you ever need anything! Just look for the blue checkmark :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Me too , I stay on here constantly watching stuff and reading comics, i love the DC universe!!!

4 Likes

I still love Netflix. MST3K, CW DC shows, Matt Groening’s latest show, She-Ra, Voltron, the list goes on.

4 Likes

First off welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Everyone here are friendly and helpful fans of DC and the mods here are awesome people .

Anyway I still love Netflix (and the other streaming services I sub to) but lately I’ve been preferring DC Universe to them. I spend more time here then on those others in all honesty.

3 Likes

@JasonTodd428, I’m in the same boat, regarding time spent on DCU. My time here far and away outdoes my time on the other streaming dealies.

4 Likes

i still have netflix for other shows but might drop back down to 1 tv because my friend hasnt logged in i changed the password cause someone in the ukraine logged into my netflix how i have no clue and my friend hasnt said anything gonna ask him before i drop it back down to one but im glad your loving the app fam

3 Likes

I have both, Hulu and wwe network. Couldn’t be happier to enjoy the variety

4 Likes

I am considering cancelling Netflix myself. I can afford it (cancelling my cable freed up a lot of my entertainment budget) but I never watch it anymore mostly because I am here so much, and if not watching or reading something on here I am catching shows I missed on Hulu or browsing YouTube. Other then The Ranch when new episodes come on I have not been inclined to go so thinking with the price going up, even if it isn’t that much, not sure I want to pay more if I am not even going to use it. Hell, I could just sign up the month The Ranch drops new episodes, binge and cancel if that is all I am getting out of it. lol

4 Likes

Ya, I dropped netflix for DCUNIVERSE. I am loving it. Love TITANS, Young Justice is totally badass. Can’t wait for Swampthing. The addition of digital titles is going to keep me busy for quite a while. The next thing I’m waiting for is accessibility on my xbox, or smart t.v. then this app will be just about perfect.

5 Likes

As soon as my fam started arguing streaming in 2018 I set my sites on dc. My husband loves and uses our netflix so I prob won’t cancel. My mother has her sites set on disney+ (true star wars fan at heart, saw return 100 time in the theater) persinally I would cancel anything for this. So glad to here your enjoying the experience too.

3 Likes

@azszhz. Double check that Disney plus before you get it word on the street is, no Star Wars on there, I imagine till the Netflix deal runs out probably no marvel movies either.

3 Likes

Turner has the Star Wars movie rights tied up for the next few years, so D+ won’t have them at launch. Big D is trying to pull out of Netflix deals, but will probably have to wait till they expire.

2 Likes

I’m on my family’s plan for Netflix so it’s a win/win, but I just finished their A Series of Unfortunate Events show and almost cried, it was so good.

1 Like

@Vroom: There’s always something do here here isn’t there, especially now with that they’ve really beefed up the comics section? It also helps that I finally started to cast the app from my phone thanks to a new tv I bought recently. That’s really helped me with viewing things here as well.

@iJest: I still need to watch that one but I haven’t had the time to lately.

3 Likes

D+ will have some exclusive Star Wars shows including the final season of Clone Wars.

Will D+ have the classic animated movies, TV shows, theatrical animated shorts, etc? That’s where the true value would be for me.

I don’t expect it to be a one stop shop for Disney (some probably won’t pay attention and will expect that though). Disney is smart and knows that they can make ALOT more money on their content by licensing it out to different platforms than just sticking it on one service and saying “Okay, done.”

Curious to see what they’ll do with it.

1 Like

@JasonTodd428 hey really curious, what type of phone /tv do you have? I’m getting a new TV soon and have the option on my phone (samsung galaxy s8)

@Samicles33
I still have Netflix but definitely I use more this app! Comics, Tv series, movies, DC news!!!
I love DC UNIVERSE!

1 Like

The powers that be have listened to their members in these community threads and released thousands more comics, along with all the exclusive original shows animated movies, DC Daily, they have truly made the app worth while with content added weekly.

2 Likes