I Can’t Be the Only One…(Dr. Psycho’s Voice on Harley Quinn RANT)

I mean, they wrote out the Joker at the end of season 1.

True, but he’s “the f***ing Joker!” they aren’t going to kill him off or write him out for good of a Harley Quinn animated series, I’m in here trying to talk about audience reception tied to real life money. I sound like a jerk but for real, if you think about it if these characters were loved by all then they probably wouldn’t be dying (Sy Borgman) & turning against Harley Quinn/the team (probably going to die)…

I actually love King Shark but in all honesty I’m a bit bias as I love the voice actor Ron Funches, But…at the same time, does that bias matter? I loved Tony Hale as a comedic actor in Arrested Development & have even voluntarily listened to a few hours (episodes) worth of podcasts with just him as the guest, yet I tried with Dr. Psycho for so long but I now see how his arc is going & wonder if he will be saved or gone and wanted to know if anyone else here on the forums felt the same way as me or not.

That’s how I feel about Clayface. Some of his jokes land, but for the most part I think he’s kinda meh.

I rather like Dr. Psycho. I don’t see them killing him off. Even if they do at the end of the season, he’s more than likely to return.

1 Like

Listen, I don’t think anyone here has an issue with you having a different opinion, but it’s quite weird of you to speak for the entire DC fan base (or at the very least the Harley Quinn fan base) like that. The season isn’t even over, and the series is surely being picked up for another season given its success critically and commercially. Even if Dr. Psycho were to leave for a bit, he’d come back (like the Joker). You can’t possibly think that what you’re saying is enough to support your claim. They’re not going to write out an entire character over a voice. They’d just change the voice. It’s such an easy write-in. Here, I’ll literally do it right now:

The team gets in a fight with [insert magical DC character here]. They use a spell and Dr. Psycho’s voice is changed.

You honestly wouldn’t even need to do that because voice actors and voices changing happens all the time in animation, but this write-in could allow for some funny jokes. I highly recommend you change your tone and do some reflection on what you’re claiming and the lack of evidence you have to support it. You’re welcome and encouraged to share your unique opinions, but don’t try to speak for such a large group of people. Especially when it comes to a fan base so diverse and unique as DC fans.

4 Likes

@OmniLad

4 Likes

I’m a little puzzled why this second post was created? It seems to be the same as the first. @jordanbushert could you elaborate on this?

1 Like

We’ll see who’s right in the end lmao. I have no idea why you’re SO sure Dr. Psycho would return if he’s written out or dies. I think it’s also because of the character being dislike-able in general, as well as his voice. I’ve already had people comment negatively on King Shark, Clayface & I’m sure there are some out there on Sy Borgman. Get over the fact that some of the characters are disliked more than others for very just reasons, not to mention it’s up to personal preference/opinion anyway.

I stand by my statement that I believe the vast majority of DC fans MOST LIKELY dislike Dr. Psycho’s voice & the Harley Quinn show will no longer feature him as a main cast/team member because of it.

Surely. In my previous Topic I asked the DC Community forums for their opinions on Dr. Psycho’s voice.

This Topic consists of my prediction that the character Dr. Psycho in the animated series Harley Quinn on the DC Universe streaming app will be written out or die due to viewer/fan ratings/response.

I haven’t seen anything official stating this or anything about people’s displeasure with Doctor Psycho’s voice or him being written out. I guess that’s why it’s confusing.

And if I’m not mistaken, a lot of these scripts have been written beforehand and the episodes already completed. They split the run into two “seasons”, hence the fast turnaround time between the end of the first season and the start of the second season. So it would be difficult for the writers and animators to change their episodes if there even was an outcry about Sy or Doctor Psycho.

1 Like

I find it so ironic that you critique me for being “so sure Dr. Psycho would return,” when you are using this exact form of logic. You’re making baseless accusations with no support or evidence yet with complete and utter confidence. You make sweeping claims about the entire DC fan base with anecdotal experiences at best. It’s mind-boggling to me that you feel confident enough to make claims about this fan base when you’ve only visited the forums for less than a month and only viewed 30 or so topics. At least my claim that it’s likely Dr. Psycho would return is backed up by the show already doing this multiple times with other main characters. If they felt the fans were upset with Dr. Psycho, they would have written him out far sooner. I’m sorry, but you’re tone and lack of evidence here is not really helping you out at all.

3 Likes

I’ve heard literally NO fans complain about the voice actor for Psycho. Also havent seen any news on changing the voice cast—they haven’t even announced a 3rd season, so I have no idea what your “rant” is??
Ps. thank you @OmniLad…for a 2nd time this week :sunglasses: :facepunch:t3:

4 Likes

What’s being proposed here is that certain characters (Sy Borgman and Dr. Psycho) have “annoying” voice actors and because of some alleged displeasure, now they’re being written out of the show.

That’s not how production works. The episodes are already completed. There would be no chance or time to change them because of alleged negative reception to characters.

2 Likes

@OmniLad @superby1 @Razzzcat The rant posts are actually really funny when you read them in Dr. Psycho’s voice :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

@mrmiracle that is hilarious! It’s even funnier now!

1 Like

lol Dr. psycho and Sy Borgman get excellence performances from Hale and Alexander. Their voices are distinct and fun without being excessively cartoony. The idea of this thread existing is so hilariously bizarre to me.

3 Likes

That’s GENIUS! :joy: and hilarious—you’re right!!:facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

All I can do is hear Psycho’s voice when I read the thread :joy:

2 Likes

Also it was nice to see Sy again. So another episode in the books with Sy and Psycho.

2 Likes