I Can’t Be the Only One…(Dr. Psycho’s Voice on Harley Quinn RANT)

I can’t be the only one that extremely dislikes Dr. Psycho’s voice on Harley Quinn. I’m hoping with that joke about Frank ‘testing well’ was based on truth in the way of them doing character tests because I’m confident Dr. P & the older wheelchair guy wouldn’t have done well which would explain all the recent turn of events, thus leading us all onward towards an even better & overall improved show! #harley-quinn #general-discussion:tv-originals

Agree to disagree- I think its great. Sy Borgman’s too.

7 Likes

To each their own :v:

3 Likes

I would have to agree. I think voice is fine :+1:

1 Like

I feel Sy and Dr. P add more to diversify and create more complex dynamics within the crew. I can understand how grating they can be, especially when they are more… well themselves. I imagine how annoying Dr. P’s voice is when you are already annoyed by his character. While I can’t say I would be disappointed if he got written out, I have enjoyed his character.

Even thou Sy is horrifying as a person, he’s a fun original character I didn’t expect (as far as i am aware he’s original anyway).

4 Likes

I’ll chime in and say that I believe his voice is supposed to be abrasive on purpose. He’s kinda a jerk.

9 Likes

Yeah, I agree it’s supposed to be abrasive, but for me it isn’t so abrasive as to really distract me from the show or anything. Also I like Tony Hale (Dr Psycho) and Jason Alexander (Sy Borgman) as comedic actors generally, and I got used to Jason Alexander’s somewhat abrasive voice acting way back when he was Duckman, so that probably makes it easier for me.

4 Likes

Strongly disagree, Doctor Psycho’s voice (and Tony Hale’s delivery) is hilarious.

4 Likes

Have it on disc. One of the few things I still own a physical copy of.

2 Likes

I don’t mind either’s voice. Dr. Psycho’s comedy comes from his voice. If it were different I don’t think it’d have the same impact.

And come on, Jason Alexander is hilarious as Sy. Also, good to know there’s some fellow Duckman fans in here!

Yea, I don’t have an issue with either.

4 Likes

I like the voice.

2 Likes

I liked Psycho’s voice – it really helps sell the “guy you love to hate” angle for him.

3 Likes

Although everyone here so far seems to disagree with disliking the annoying voice of an annoying character(?!?) I’m sorry to inform you all that the vast majority of Harley Quinn fans must agree with me because it seems like he’s being written out.

I’d love to know the actual statistics but facts are facts & if he dies or is written out then he tested bad & people agree with me :grinning: :upside_down_face: :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Call me crazy but something tells me you don’t like Doctor Psycho…

2 Likes

I don’t even dislike HIM, just his voice actor.

1 Like

Ah! I see

I actually disliked Sy Borgman’s voice quite a bit as well tbh.

Although everyone here so far seems to disagree with disliking the annoying voice of an annoying character(?!?) I’m sorry to inform you all that the vast majority of Harley Quinn fans must agree with me because it seems like Dr. Psycho is being written out.

I’d love to know the actual statistics but facts are facts & if he dies or is written out then he tested bad & people agree with me :grinning: :upside_down_face: :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. Its a show based on comic characters- even if he dies, death is hardly permanent in their world.

2 Likes

I think he’s quite funny and I liked him being a part of the team. His voice never really bothered me before. For me my least favorite member of the crew is King Shark. I just don’t get many laughs out of him.