Hunting For More Statues!

Big Barda looks so awesome! I have a row of women statues but this might be my favorite. I’m wanting to grab a few more Bombshell ones but wow are they hard to find. Any tips of local places that have stock but don’t post online? That’s how I got Barda.

10 Likes

Nice get! As a fellow statue collector, my only piece of advice would be to save your searches on ebay, and just be on the lookout for the pieces you want. It’s how I obtained all of my statues that were sold out everywhere else. In some cases I had to pay a premium, and in some others I found steals. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:. Another place is Mercari. It has less offerings than ebay, but I’ve found a couple items there at very reasonable prices.

4 Likes

xres1

That’s a beautiful Big Barda statue @ctrl.flirt.del! Great find. :+1:t3:

Mmm, I’ll see what Bombshell finds I could come up with and let
you know. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Good call on Mercari! I found a good deal on the Batgirl and Supergirl combined statue. Low number too. 44. Thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

Happy to be of service!

3 Likes

That’s so thoughtful of you! I managed to find a good deal on Killer Frost at a small business too. I might need to think about space…

4 Likes

How goes the hunt @ctrl.flirt.del?

1 Like

I love it. Not enough room for more because i plan to move in about two years across the country. I like my collection though. Still can’t find Jesse Quick or Jessica Cruz. I did have Zatanna but it was delivered too damage.

3 Likes

Your displays are always on point! Everything looks so gorgeous . . . and I really dig that Batgirl/Supergirl combo. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Nice one

I bought the Lois Lane, off a seller from eBay. With postage it was about $80 so far more than I wanted to spend, but I really wanted a Lois Lane statue and I really liked the idea of one of her by herself, versus with Superman, which is how most of them exist:

I also got a bunch of the Lil Bombshells vinyl figures, I know Funko made a collection but I prefer these. Funko also made some that look more like regular Pops as well.

If you are still looking @ctrl.flirt.del, I’ve seen the Supergirl bust for about $30, but it’s very small and it looks like you have two. If I could find and afford the one you paired with Babs, I would have snagged that, but it’s usually over $100 when I come across it. So I may get that bust myself or may just wait untill some bargain falls in my sight. I did grab this little figurine which I haven’t really found a good place to display yet, at a very good price for a new one.

Right now she’s parked next to these but that is temporary since it’s the bathroom and that’s a TV stand on it’s side that I am going to take apart the doors and use like a Kallax!

3 Likes

Ooh! That Supergirl looks cool!

Also i love that Superman carrying Batman haha. Classic.

2 Likes

Thank you. That Supergirl came with Diana and Babs, without the stands (and thus extra heads) as a threesome of vinyl that you can still find on the secondary market and on Crapazom if you’re interested. The extra head was is harder to find so I was lucky to find an LCS who had it listed on eBay for under $20 including the shipping.

This, I bought in person, at my local record store when I was hoping they had a different vinyl figure, that came with a DVD, but sadly they either sold it or it’s stuck somewhere in their non-catalogued system that made it impossible to find. Since they reopened and moved, they started selling a lot of Funko Pops (and even expanded their small books that were mostly music theory, music bios and music fan 'zines to all sorts of books, including Schoolastic graphic novels, regular DC and Marble GNs/TPBs and even a whole wall of manga - I also bought an older DC TPB that was essentially NM).

Sadly, when I took the figure out of the box, I discovered the reason someone sold it to the store and they were likely reselling it somewhat reasonably ($24.99) versus what you see on Crapazom and elsewhere from re-seller, since you can no longer get it new, is that it looks like when they painted the teeth on this one, they got white paint on Clark’s tongue.

2 Likes