How to Read the Comic Books

Hello I’m fairly new to the comic book world and I just started reading a lot of the New Birth stuff: Batman,Flash, Cyborg. When I click Batman it says it has 80 issues but I see issue #1 listed like maybe two or three times. Are those duplicates? Which order am I supposed to read? How do you know if you are following the same storyline? Is it better just to wait for the volumes?

1 Like

There are three different series called Batman. The first one began in 1940 and continued until 2011. The second one began in 2011 and continued until 2016. The third one started in 2016 and has been going on until the present.

The 2016 series has a prologue issue (Batman Rebirth #1), followed by the first issue of the series (Batman #1). There’s a “director’s cut” edition of issue #1 that you might as well ignore unless you’re interested in looking at the pencilwork without the inking and coloring.

2 Likes

Does that apply to all other ones like Superman ect ?

1 Like

Yes. They all had “Rebirth” one-shots before the first numbered issue. Those one-shots were meant to serve as a transition from the previous New 52 series and as a jumping-on point for new readers.

2 Likes

Oooooooh okay I see that’s some useful information they should teach in school lol… joke aside I could’ve started at rebirth instead of reading through the major events like infinite crisis nd final crisis ect (currently on blackest night :ok_hand::ok_hand::+1::+1:) too late I guess … :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, the stories you mentioned are from like two reboots ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

To be a new reader again…one of the first major events I read was Blackest Night. The confusion lol

3 Likes

It’s okay I’m not crying you’re crying :sob::joy:

Okay, I think I understand now​:bangbang: Thanks guys​:100:

2 Likes