How to convince people to join DCU

To be honest, this falls under “niche” category. It’s either you like superhero things or not. It’s not for everyone or general audience.

1 Like

@beardofzues, I have thought of this myself. I made a thread in Support and Feedback a few days ago with some suggestions and how they may help bring in new revenue and fans. It was Titled “Please give a thumbs up if you agree:)” Would love to get your opinion on it.
It may be hard to find now that its a few days old but the suggestions were
1.Audio comic feature.
2. Reward points system.
3. Super Hero Avatars to battle your friends or even team up to tackle challenges like a form of D&D.
4. Comic Con exclusive footage.

@DCComicsCrisis, adds are a good idea, i just hope they have a add free option like Hulu. I wouldn’t mind paying a little extra for it.

1 Like

@Wolfie, :joy:
Greg Horn’s Power Girl!:heart_eyes:
This magic moment:notes:

1 Like

@E-Dot is right on the money and thats what makes it a difficult sell.

1 Like

Superfriends and Batman The Brave and the Bold

There’s a lot of gold to be mined from casual super hero culture without having to push comic books on people who have no interest in reading them. I’m just trying to find the overlap between the viewer-only crowd and the die-hard geek force.

1 Like

I’m personally not the type of person that cares so much about the popularity of my interests or entertainment choices. However, I can understand caring about a person enough where you would like them to have some interest in what you enjoy. In that case, I would say share a comic book, movie, or show you really like with said person. Introduce them to the world of DC. Discuss what you are passionate about and what makes a particular character or story great in your eyes. If they like it enough and get into it, DCU won’t be that far fetched a destination to them. In other words, don’t start with the app, start with what makes the app great.

2 Likes

@moro That’s awesome, man. Thats a great way to approach it.

1 Like

Lifelong Marvel fan here. Wasn’t going to sign up. Never, Nope. Loved Marvel Unlimited. Then DC made a brilliant live action Doom Patrol. Yeah, I was hooked on the Vertigo prints years ago… Grant Morrison reference by Mr Nobody had me hooked.

4 Likes

@scottthemonster.58925 Sincerely much respect, man. Now that you have your foot in the door go check out the 20,000 Comics Library. I’d never imply DC to replace Marvel as your #1. I’m sure your love for Marvel equals that of ours for DC. But reading some old DC comics just might take you surprise and make you a true DC fan… Even if Marvel remains your #1.

Glad you enjoyed Doom Patrol. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why would you ask anyone to join when they keep canceling shows like swamp thing and now doom patrol

1 Like

@Johnjohn doom patrol isn’t canceled

I think there is now enough content on here and more dropping weekly next month to satisfy most subscribers. If your into comics, forget about it, subscribe.

1 Like

#SaveSwampThing

1 Like

#SaveSwanpThing

People shouldn’t need convincing.

You either love DC enough to support it unconditionally or you only love it enough for your own demand.

2 Likes

@gibby most people wouldn’t have ever picked up a comic book without guidance from someone with knowledge. It’s how all things grow.

Don’t convince anyone to join it. They’ll just be getting ripped off. They remove more and more and MORE content on a weekly damn basis. It is just getting ridiculous. I did not subscribe and pay real money to some streaming service that doesn’t even have half their damn library. And what they DO have, they just delete every other week. I know of over 20 other users that feel the exact same way and are all thinking about cancelling their subscription if this doesn’t stop. They’ve deleted almost all the Justice League films, half the Superman or Batman films, and just about every other animated film on here. That is what we all wana watch other than swamp thing or Titans in the live action department. But most are here for the DCAU and DCAMU content. That’s just fact. And they continually and constantly delete it. Like I said, it’s just getting ridiculous.

But that is more someone introducing, not convincing.

Convincing is trying to win someone over on something they already don’t like, it rarely works. Most of the time until a company like DC/Marvel makes a character that a person, who say doesn’t like comic books, can relate to, then they switch sides. They’re more likely to find out accidentally through something like Youtube which, consciously they are aware, is far different from someone they know who is purposely trying to make a sales pitch to them - whether close friend or family.

That’s probably why word of internet is so much stronger than word of mouth in general these days. No fear of some underlying tactic or hidden agenda/motive.

1 Like

If you’d read toward the top of the thread, I’ve already mentioned having friends who are either casual or interested DC fans. The convincing part has to do with money. How to tell them it’s worth the 8 dollars a month. And even past that, how to open the door to other people who may only have a mild interest in superhero lore and media.

“I’m in the pool. The waters great. Jump in!” Kind of thing.