How Often Do Y’all Sit Down and Read a Comic or Two?

At the very least I try to read one a night before bed. It doesn’t always work but I try.

2 Likes

I don’t read comics everyday, but I read a lot and pretty regularly. Thinking about it I’d guess I’d have to read between 12-25 comics a week most of the time. There’s been a lot of binge reading since this app came out but I’ve taken a few breaks to do other things in my freetime.

4 Likes

I’ll go a couple days without reading and then the urge will strike me and I’ll go through like twenty issues in a day. Read time per issue depends on when it’s from. With a modern issue, I’m shocked if it takes more than ten minutes to read it. Even on older stuff, I don’t think I usually spend more than twenty minutes unless it’s really dialogue-and-narration-heavy. Fifteen is a reasonable average.

I’d say that it’s hard to sit down and start reading, but it’s even harder to stop once you do. I think it’s easiest to binge something you’re interested in. That or just make it routine, like reading an issue right after dinner every day or something.

Oh, and I do have to warn you that not everybody likes King’s Batman. I, for example, think it’s pretentious, overwrought, and littered with plot holes and characters doing random, bizarre stuff to contrive a superficially cool moment. Also, forced memes. Lots of forced memes.

Personally, some of my favorite Batman writers are (in no particular order) Paul Dini, Denny O’Neil, Steve Englehart, Jeph Loeb, Chuck Dixon, and Marv Wolfman. Not a fan of Miller or Morrison at all. I haven’t read much of Snyder’s work, but I like what I’ve seen. James Tynion IV’s Detective Comics is a good recent run too.

Some other great runs of major characters that I’ve had the chance to read: Green Lantern by Geoff Johns, Flash by Mark Waid, Wonder Woman by George Perez, Superman by John Byrne (as well as the Triangle Era stuff starting in ‘91, especially Dan Jurgens’ work on the Superman title).

3 Likes

Tried figuring out how many comics I’ve read off just this app since it started, I’m going to guess if it’s not 1,000 it’s getting close. During the work week, I read during lunch both whatever book I have going and a couple of comics, then some reading before bed. Easily average 4 a day.

2 Likes

I read prob 5 out of the 7 days of my week. 2 issues a day when i do.

1 Like

I generally use comics as “fillers” in between other non-comic books I’ve been reading. So I’ll binge read around 15-25 comics in a day or two a couple times a week.

2 Likes

Maybe once or twice a week. I am reading Poe Dameron’s Star Wars comic run right now.

2 Likes

Counting Ecomics, waay too much

3 Likes

My reading habits are sporadic. I can read nothing for 2 weeks and then spend a 3 hours catching up on a late Saturday night. Or I can read an issue or 2 a day for a little while. It depends on the rigors of work and family, and also what I’m reading. I will typically read more if I’m enjoying a collected edition; binging through those is always fun. Annuals and one-shots can be put off for a while if not part of a larger story.

4 Likes

I usually read my comics on Wednesdays which is the new releases and sundays for all the older stuff that I haven’t read yet. Other days I’m just to tired because of work

2 Likes

I read comics on Wednesdays and on the weekend.

3 Likes

It varies greatly for me. I have indulged in accidental marathan sessions on the app. 8 issues Batwoman, 4 issues of Raven, daughter of darkness, unknown issues of House of Secrets + Mystery & SwampThing. So much more too! I keep up with some current print runs as well. Sometimes, more of them, than not stack up & then I will binge. Although, will most likely stop buying as many single print since I have noticed some showing up here that I hadn’t gotten around to reading my print copies (oh wow! A year has passed already realizations.) Average it out over the course of a year. At least 8 issues a week should be a solid estimate. Reading takes me away from the world & grants some solitude. Helps me have a sense of calm & slower thoughts for a bit. When I notice I am getting antsy, it is time to read for a while to smooth me back out. :wink:

2 Likes

I usually try to only do one or two a day, I don’t like to get burned out, especially if it’s an arc I’m not particularly enjoying

I read at least one issue every night when I go to bed, some times two.

1 Like

I read two issues a day. If one of the books that’s next in my rotation is an annual, then I just read that. So that’s about 14 issues or so a week. Sometimes more if I really got the itch.

4 Likes

It really depends. My life is really busy with my family responsibilities, work, grad school, and other hobbies. Some weeks I’m lucky to read one or two issues. Some weeks I can go through 10-15 in a day, though opportunities like this are rare. I’d day I average about 3-5 issues a week, which can be a problem because I buy more than that a week ¯_(ツ)_/¯

As for Batman writers I love King. Been a fan ever since I read his Vision maxi for Marvel. Heroes in Crisis was a little so-so but typically his stuff is very good. My other favorite Batman writers are Miller, Dini, and Loeb.

Every morning, I read from about a half dozen titles on the DC Universe app. I have about twenty titles downloaded which I can attack a few pages at a time while on the subway. Variety!

3 Likes

I read about a trade
And 10 to 12 single issues a day

3 Likes

I don’t have as much time as I used to if it was up to me that’s all I would do but I am busy as hell with work and being a dad but I still read a lot of comics right now I have 10 or 12 stories that I keep up with and buy every Wednesday plus the Black label stuff the key for me is to read after my daughter is in bed after bedtime is comic book time :joy: DC is putting way to much amazing content out there for me to just stop now no matter how busy I am I’ll always find time to read at least an issue or two a night.( Not to mention all the comics on this app that ill read on the go)

2 Likes

I read a couple issues everyday. Now that I’m about 90% digital, and thanks to unlimited subscription services like DCU here, I have an endless supply to read. So I typically pick up my ipad a couple times a day to read comics.

4 Likes