How Much Longer Will Comic Books Be Allowed To Be Comics?

So, we live in a world where everything is considered offensive, mostly by people who have ANYTHING better to do, and will try to cancel you if you stand against them. For example, an army of white people were yelling that the Mexican/Salsa bit at the end of D12’s song “My Band” is racist, yet every Mexican in the world is like, “¡Oh, Dios mío, eso es tan divertido! I love it!”
That leads to companies like Disney making stupid decisions that end up hurting the final product. Just ask the MCU.
We also live in a world where comedian Christopher Titus makes more Nazi jokes then Germans trying to be funny and where there is a market for Mortal Kombat-levels of gore in movies.
Makes no sense, right?
My question is when will cancel culture and the idiots of the world come after comics, and Batman won’t be allowed to punch people and instead has to hug them until they reform.
Yes, THAT is the example I chose.

10 Likes

Honey they already have many times and will most likely always do so. that’s where the comics code came from. don’t worry batman has faced everything over the years he’ll make it past this to.

9 Likes

I’m not worried about it.

12 Likes

here’s a video on it if you want to learn about code history.

10 Likes

The consistent thing about human beings is that they appreciate free speech the most when the free speech agrees with them, and they’re most concerned about unrestricted expression when the expression seems to target them. That’s not a right-wing thing or a left-wing thing.

14 Likes

Yes but it is a loser thing I’m on the side of who ever isn’t a wet blanket.

8 Likes

I don’t think that it’s become a major thing but people have pointed out that Batman punches the mentally ill.

10 Likes

The downside of lifting all restrictions is that you end up with a comic book industry that’s pandering almost exclusively to young adult men. I would have no problem with a (reasonable) code for the main line of comics from the Big Two as long as they’re both permitted their own “Vertigo” lines, too.

9 Likes

I mean, to be fair, a great number of writers seem to depict Batman as mentally ill himself. (Back in the good old days, he was a perfectly healthy socialite in tights who routinely punched mobsters instead!)

11 Likes

Oh 100%. Nowadays it is very clear that Bruce has issues, and others around him even bring it up. A big thing about the Gotham show is the emphasis of “Bruce this isn’t healthy!” “Bruce you need help!” But in the end Bruce is gonna do what he wants to do :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Like @HubCityQuestion said, not really worried about it. Comics have been attacked many times by people on all sides of the spectrum for all of its history. I mean there was an anti-comics crusade back in the 40s or 50s (not sure when exactly) because people thought Batman and Robin comics had gay subtext.

7 Likes

they do still have a code its to avoid government getting in on it.
the last thing we want is the joy of twin beds in a husband and wifes bed room again.

6 Likes

I’ll take punching the ill over what they were saying he was doing back in the day stuff got real man comics were burned.

4 Likes

also superman comics. It was worse then gay subtext they said he was sleeping with robin who at the time was 12

5 Likes

I hope forever id be quite unhappy without paper backs in the world

4 Likes

Wait what

4 Likes

Its a whole thing this old man with to much time on his hands wrote a whole book about all the things that offended him about comics and not only was batman gay and teaching kids to be so but he was also sleeping with his 12 year old I forget what bs he said supeman did but he was evil as well stupid dirty minded old man.

4 Likes

Mannn we need a thread about all the DC comics of that nature that are wayyyy out of pocket & out of line… bc I’ve heard abt crazy stories but never seen the stories

4 Likes

Thats because there never were any as I said before he was a dirty minded old man.

4 Likes

200w (20)

3 Likes