How Many Comics Do You Own?

I have around 350 or so trades and hardcovers. I had a bunch of back issues at one point, but I got rid of most of them. I read month to month digitally.

3 Likes

I currently have six long boxes going for ongoing DC books. This is due to alphabetizing them and “character boxes” i.e. Batman, Batman And The Outsiders, and Detective in one box, the Superman books in another, the team books in another, non Batman and Superman JL characters in another, Catwoman, Nightwing, RHATO in another. Then I have two going for event and limited series, and then I have 10 boxes for pre New 52, New 52, and Rebirth titles no longer going. Then there’s creator owned books going in another box. I have very few trades compared to single issues, and if we’re counting the books on this service, well, its probably about 4,000 or 27,000 depending on if we’re counting all the books on this service or not. But even not counting this service the lion’s share of me books are DC​:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Oh, man, I have no idea. Several thousand.

3 Likes

One short box of floppies and half a magazine box of trades. I don’t like having a lot of physical comics just because they take up space.

1 Like

Like six boxes, and over 700 comics.

PS. That’s only an estimate number, also only counting DC.

2 Likes

I love having a physical copy, but just reading back issues digitally is amazing to get caught up on story lines.

3 Likes

I sold almost all of my single issues years ago. I’d be close saying it was 10K. I’ve decided to quit buying monthly issues. Take up too much space. I’ve always preferred trades.

3 Likes

I have NO Idea the amount of actual comics I own, but I can tell you I have 41 full long boxes! I just moved and finally have my own comic room which is nowhere near organized yet. I also have at least 2 bookshelves of trades and graphic novels too. I’ve been collecting pretty much all my life. LOL

2 Likes

@Starman814 I have around 4.5 long boxes but also a lot of trades and my son is getting ready to try join the military and I told him I’ll keep his bed in there but his room is now my comic book room! So I’ll have a room shortly!

2 Likes

This is not the NEW comic room, but this was a picture taken one of the last times I tried to organize the collection a few years back…

1 Like

This picture very much represents one of the major reasons why I don’t currently buy physical comic books.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’ve collected a lot of years to get to this point…LOL Kinda tough to think about not having them.

Wow, that is quite the collection, you have there.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s over 40 years in the making. :nerd_face:

Oh, I still have everything I’ve built up…just too much work to keep adding to it!

Yeah, that I completely understand. I’m focusing on filling out missing parts of the collection now…runs of titles that I want complete, specific issues…things like that. I’m no longer buying new books as they come out but may get trades if they sound good.

1 Like

At least tens of thousands. Too many to sit down and count. My master list is a 100+ page MS Word file I started about 40 years ago, when that was all I had to work with.