How Many Comics Do You Own?

Have you counted the number of comics and graphic novels you have? I’m thinking about doing it just want to know I’m not alone?

10 Likes

@jsmsiggy Don’t have exact numbers on hand, but DCU is getting close to the 23,000 mark! :partying_face:

Personally… my collection is in disrepair. I maybe have like 20 on hand. :joy:

10 Likes

I have alot of trades, but if we are talking like that, then I would say 68. Accual books, about 30

4 Likes

@BestBeastBoy that was the sarcastic response I have heard in a while goldstar for you!

3 Likes

I have probably close to 1000 single issues and probably 60 trades plus the 23,000 books on DCU app

3 Likes

Comixology says 203. But I also have several volumes.

4 Likes

Comixology says 1000 but I think that is just their max for download.

I get more than 20 comics a week. So that is nore than a thousand a year.

I started digitally sometime after Rebirth, after the Button.story but when the library was young I bought a ton of trades because I could not tolerate their rotation out policy of only two weeks.

I would says about three thousand issues or trades. I prefer trades if they are available.

I have 502 separate titles in Comixology

4 Likes

Ok question here do you like digital or physical comics? I honestly like physical copies better but I like to read comics on here especially when I haven’t read it before.

2 Likes

I don’t think I broke two thousand…I’m scared to check if I did. I’m down to start a trading forum if that’s allowed.

2 Likes

Oh hell, I definitely broke 2000.

2 Likes

I own roughly 3000 comics (mix of digital and physical) and a little over two shelves of trades and omnibuses.

2 Likes

@mrsteamer96

6 Likes

All the boxes are full I actually need some more boxes and bags& boards; thanks covid 19!

2 Likes

6873 floppies at last count :wink:

4 Likes

Great question @jsmsiggy! There’s a nice variety in library size here and it’s interesting to learn new ways to store, organize, and collect from eachother. We’re moving in the next few months so I did a quick count as I was packing.

Batman Comics = 38 :batman_hv_5:
* just added 4 today!
Deathstroke Comics = 4
Spawn Comics = 5
Other = 29

Total = 76

Since I revisit my physical copies often my preference is hardbacks and volumes, as they tend to be sturdier. Keeping my collection to a manageable size is also important to me. I try to only buy what I know I’ll love and reread. We’re limited on space at the moment but should be acquiring more comic “real estate” soon. :grinning:

3 Likes

ComiXology says 668 comics and trades. I have a ton of trades that I need to count and four short boxes and one long box. I also have a bunch packed away that I need to re-shelve.

@KeyFamily I’m not alone I love my physical books too

2 Likes

Assuming we’re talking about print copies, just under 50. Most of them are trades. I gave away most of my single-issue collection 15 years ago because it was taking up too much space.

3 Likes

@AlexanderKnox if you ever need to get rid of more comics I’m always willing to give as many comics a home!

2 Likes

Too many!

2 Likes