How many comics do you own in your collection?

I don’t have an exact figure but it’s probably anywhere between 800-900. Mostly X-Men. Started reading comics in 1991 as a child and was mostly a Marvel fan but did watch Batman and Superman’s animated series in the 90s. Stopped reading comics regularly in 2001 and came back partially in 2015 and regularly since last year. Now I’m primarily into DC comics. Been steadily building up my DC collection with lots of early 80s-early 90s Detective and Batman comics.

2 Likes

@boodikhan

Thanks! It is amazing how much damage a couple of feet of water can do.

No idea. Just sold a bunch of long boxes and short boxes a few months back as I really wanted to trim down the print collection while building my digital one.

1 Like

All in all about 4000. All in the most reasonable chronilogical order of mix titles as possible.

2 Likes

1500-2000. Haven’t counted in a while.

1 Like

Bunnies did you get something like $45 a box if you don’t mind my asking?

Nope. I sold five long boxes and five short boxes to a friend. I got $20 a box which I was fine with. She got to build up her collection and I got to trim down mine so it was fine.

Why do you ask?

1 Like

Too many, yet still not enough

1 Like

Bunnies, I ask because I’m always curious to talk with fellow comic book collectors. It’s nice to compare collections. See who’s new & experienced in collecting.

Probably around 2,000

Just started collecting this year I have about 70 I’m so behind compared to everyone else.

1 Like

@Ian123222, don’t look at it as being behind. We all had to start somewhere and you have so many great stories to catch up on. Collections grow over time, but there is no better feeling than the first time you read a story that captures you and you cannot put it down.

Can you let us know what you like and maybe the fine folks of the Community here can recommend some comics for you to read?

I get the graphic novels. If we’re talking about tpb’s, I probably have around 1500 or so.

As I keep warning people on this thread Brainiac is taking note of any of you with over 1000, then setting up the coordinates to shrink you and your comic books to, to put you in a bottle. He collects that instead of comics and yet somehow does both

About around 30000 books. Have been collecting since 70’s

At one time I had over 4000. That was after being forced to down size due to space. Thank goodness now I have gone digital.

1 Like

However many 5 long boxes and two bookshelves is.

@carpenterredhook, I would assume 10000

I have a little over 6000. I’ve been collecting since the mid 80s.

200 to 300 I think