How many comics do you own in your collection?

I personally have at least 10,000 comics in my collection. Probably more now. I’ve been collecting since 1997.

10 Likes

@RandallusPrime – that’s awseome! I’m not sure how many I have, but got my first one in 1983 and have been collecting ever since.

2 Likes

To many.

2 Likes

I’m not sure… I’ve got about 45 short boxes full and have been collecting since the 80’s.

3 Likes

Zero. Been a long time since I bought a paper copy

4 Likes

I have two “hard cover” books. Everything else is digital. Started 5 months ago, and have over 100 in my digital collection.

2 Likes

Great question! I have over 1,500. Most of my issues are in graphic novels though.

4 Likes

Also, I didn’t start collecting them until 2016, so I’ve been pretty busy at the comic store over the past 2 years.

4 Likes

Too many. I think like 5000 in my closet somewhere. My pull has gotten a lot smaller though.

4 Likes

Just over 3,000. I have very few trades or collected editions. For some reason, I’m still partial to single issue comics.

5 Likes

2809 and counting… this does not include a couple of short boxes, that don’t fit into my “continental collection” or doubles.

5 Likes

There’s a story in the Bible about a king that shows off his treasure to another country; shortly thereafter the country decides to invade them so they can have that treasure. I don’t want to scare you kiddies with what’s happened up here in the Northlands with folks that have large collections and burglaries excetra but I would be very cautious, one at all, about being too descriptive of what you may own and where you may live.

2 Likes

I sold 20k five years ago. Now I just read on Marvel Unlimited. I was hoping this app was going to get me back into DC but unfortunately that has so far not been the case. The current selections are pretty weak.

5 Likes

I have 182 comics in my comiXology library and 167 in the archive. I started only more than a year ago.

4 Likes

They’re all DC Comics. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Sushi volcano , DC’s great, but you should totally try Valiant too.

2 Likes

Valiant is great. I’ve been reading them for years.

As to the OP, I have a few hundred in paper, mostly trades and a few collectibles, but a flood killed my entire colecton prior to that. Now I deal mostly in digital and have 18, 689from Comixology/Amazon. Probably a couple of thousand more from other sources. And this is with me having bought almost no Marvel since I got into Unlimited 5 (?) years or so ago.

That flood killed my desire to collect paper goods so even though I moved from that flood area I find it hard to collect things that are that fragile.

3 Likes

I’ve moved 23 times. the last move to our first house lots of friends helping and boy to this day I hear about moving my comic collection…

guess they’re kind of heavy

2 Likes

Only started collecting a few years ago, before I even had a Job so I don’t have too many just yet but I really started to grow my collection this past year, I have a little over 600 comics, most of which are from Rebirth, only probably 150 of them are older Dc or Marvel comics but all in all I think it’s a good collection for my age.

1 Like

Tender, your story is the stuff of my nightmares. Yes,yes, wifes ok, kids are ok, but my funnybooks are wiped out…?sorry for your loss, man, honest

2 Likes