How important/powerful is Plastic Man?

The reason I ask is because there seemed to be a huge importance revolving around him in Dark Knights Metal.

He really came through in the end as well.

Any experts in him? How powerful is he?

1 Like

Eh. I prefer Elongated Man.

The Metal story is one where ol’ Plas really did matter, but I’ve never just been that into him in the comics until The Terrifics.

I did really enjoy The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show when I was a kid, though! I wonder if anyone else remembers or has heard of it.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of it and seen a few clips online (the one that sticks in my head the most is the one where they sent a guy dressed as Plas to the Democratic National Convention to interview people). As far as I can tell, Plas seems to be more powerful than say, Elongated Man (but, I mean, they both stretch, so I don’t think it’s a huge difference). However, Elongated Man is the detective, so honestly I’d probably say he’s more useful. I love both of 'em though.

2 Likes

I’ve read some books with Elongated Man in them and he’s cool for sure. Though when it comes to Plastic Man I think I read somewhere that his power derives from the universe or something like that?

Idk, I guess everytime he shows he kind of saves the day. Like in the Injustice 2 books he’s pretty amazing and is if not the most important at times is always saving everyone’s hide along his son Luke.

1 Like

By the way, how’s The Terrifics? I’m reading so many things at once now - old and new - that I might start that in the future. Mr Terrific is in that one right?

1 Like

Yes. Mr. Terrific leads the team. It’s really good, the best of the Age of Heroes line, in my opinion. It has a unique idea on what keeps the team together that’s pretty cool.

1 Like

@ParallaxCreates thank you for that image. I have some uses for that.

1 Like

Plastic-man is a very powerful superhero. Now don’t get me wrong, he isn’t a powerhouse. He is more elastic than any other stretchy character, seeing that he can stretch into any size, shape, or form. He is practically a shapeshifter. He can’t die, unless (I guess) if you freeze him and than shatter him.

1 Like

Do you know his origin?

1 Like

You’re welcome and it’s from Dark Nights Metal 6? I think?

1 Like

I don’t! That’s why I am so curious, he always seems to be so amazing when he comes out.

Suggest something I can read please :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Plastic Man by Gail Simone is currently being published in here. Not her best work in my opinion, but I believe it does go into his current origin.

But where the heck has Woozy Winks been?

2 Likes

I don’t know for sure if there are any other iterations of his origin, but the one I know goes like this:

O’brian was a member of the kite gang. Him and the rest of his gang broke into a bank and came out with cash and gold bars. Batman managed to scare off/knock out most of his gang. As O’brian was escaping, he couldn’t help but go back for a bag of good bars (he has always, even as a hero, loved money and gold). He managed to get across into ace chemicals as an escape route. As he tried to take off with his kite batman through a batarang (many different versions of what batman did), it hit one side of the kite and due to the weight of the bag of good bars, O’brian crashed into a big tank of acid. The acid melted him etc. etc. He got his super powers.

2 Likes

@ralphsix
Totally agreed, and ya…where in the world is woozy!!!

2 Likes

Thanks KOS, so Ace Chemicals spawns another special person. Seems like a hotspot lol.

Though wasn’t implied in Dark Nights Metal that he has something to do with the universe itself? Like where his power derives from? It may be one of those other iterations you speak of.

2 Likes

@ParallaxCreates
No problem!! And ya it probably is.
Also its funny you mention Ace Chemicals being a hotspot, because I’ve always thought the same thing, lol

2 Likes