How does Bruce’s sons viewed by the Gotham public?

Does anyone have any comic story or issue that delves in deep about how Dick, Jason, Tim, or Damian do when they arn’t in costume and are in the public eye? Because Bruce puts ups a playboy act, what do the boys put up? Are they ever really seen outside the mansion? I’d really like to know

1 Like

That’s an interesting question. Bruce had officially designated Dick at his heir prior to his “Death” in Final Crisis Now whether that still stands after New52 and Rebirth is still a mystery. I believe that Bruce is known to have adopted/taken in Jason and Tim but Jason is still legally deceased. As for Damian I believe the public knows him to be Bruce’s actual biological son but they’re unaware of Talias status or identity in relation to the two.

1 Like

I am really intrigued by the thought of it. Like Bruce is supposed to be the golden boy of Gotham. Where are the kids when Bruce has these parties. Do they attend? How are they looked upon or treated?

1 Like

A great question!
Most people assume that Bruce’s sons are like him regardless of his behavior. During the first issue of Batman Family, Barbara Gordon was surprised that Dick was unlike the shallow playboy his gaurdian was (she didn’t know the truth at the time).
With most celebrities, we don’t know the names of their kids wouldn’t recgonize them on the street. It’s the same with the Batboys…when Dick Grayson lived in Bludhaven, he played down his rich upbringing to his friends.
Unless something has changed, the public at large still believes Jason is dead.
Tim did the playboy thing in the 2009 era Red Robin series but mostly had a normal childhood.
Damian…I’m surprised there hasn’t been a story where someone has asked where he comes from…but with Bruce’s playboy nature they probably assume he’s from a tryst which isn’t entirely false.
All of the boys have had full lives outside of Wayne Manor, but they do go to the parties…as seen in Batman 1 (2011).

1 Like