How Do You Read

How do you like to read your comics? From floppies to digital, from curled up in your favorite blanket to on a park bench, how do you like to consume your comics? Do you like to listen to music when you read?
If I’m reading digital, I like to be under the blankets with my screen brightness turned down. There’s something quite relaxing about it lol. If I’m reading a physical copy, I like to be cozy in a blanket with a good beverage.

5 Likes

Curled up in a blanket is what I do a lot. And I read digital anywhere.

2 Likes

Laying on the floor usually with one or two cats laying in my back

3 Likes

Digital primarily. Can be read anywhere, anytime.

3 Likes

usually I fan out the week’s haul on the kitchen table for a few days to enjoy the cover art …

then at some point–which only my subconscious can explain–I’ll take the top one and crack it open for a hit of that sweet printer ink

rare exceptions for older issues or series finales, because if I don’t read them, they never end

2 Likes

Ooh, that sweet smell of fresh ink. Ah!

“I smell fresh ink guys.” -Alexander Knox.

3 Likes

Comixology. Usually at bedtime-- but I have switching somewhat to early mornings.

2 Likes

Curled up in a blanket while listening to music

2 Likes

I like to read my comics in my house when it’s nice and quiet. Both eather Paper or Digital but I prefer paper more so over the other as there nothing like the book in your hands. Take a Dab hit and have a freshly rolled blunt burning to keep the mind limber. My dog Gobbles beside me asleep and maybe a cold coke there too…

4 Likes

On the john

2 Likes

@AnimalPerson I mean, clearly that’s the best way
@manifest me too!! My spouse gets onto me for leaving comics on the table, but bro just let me enjoy the art before it gets put away :rofl::rofl: and of course that fresh ink smell, I mean nothing beats it!

2 Likes

My entire day is just a series or strenuous activities that build up to me sitting in front of a fire reading comics with cider before bed.

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50196299_2098775970179475_7659469256337129472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=ebce177d19ef257e63bdcc4eb4a48a4f&oe=5CB94C75

7 Likes

Physical on my rocking chair

2 Likes

When I read its digital. Comics on this site,& casted to my tv & I go for days. I’ll do around 100 issues, then do boards, news, shows etc. I do occasionally read the new stuff on paper. My friend buys em, then gives me around 10 at a time, when he’s read them.

3 Likes

New ones are always physical - I just need to have that new ink smell coupled with the feel and sound of the crisp pages. Those I read in the window seat of my office at home so I can read them in sunlight. When I read them digitally - it’s always either in my rocking chair in the den or at night in bed. Both locations require a warm, comfy blanket and a hot beverage.

5 Likes

I love the paper… nothing like the smell of a book. Have a big chair that rocks my Harley blanket on my side of the computer room, my comic book area. Probably should make the change to digital just for storage reasons but love looking at a physical book. :diamonds::black_joker:

4 Likes

I read my comics, whether digitally or in trade, either curled up on my sofa with a blanket or in my rocking chair with my feet up and a cat or two in my lap. That’s how I read them during the winter anyway. Once the weather warms up though I’m planning to start reading em out on my new patio.

3 Likes

I usually wait for the trade paperbacks so I can read an entire story arc at once. If there is a story I like, I start to slow down my reading because I don’t want it to end. I might even stop reading it for a while, but eventually my curiosity gets the best of me and I finish the story to find out what happens.

3 Likes

I like to curl up in bed, remote in hand, viewing my comics in gorgeous 1080p! ^ ^

5 Likes

I love reading digital on my tablet, either on my bed, or on the train to the city. If it’s a little noisy I’ll listen to some Miles Davis, or a Hans Zimmer score and enjoy a nice break from reality.

2 Likes