How Do You Pronounce the Characters Name in the GL Mythos

I’m not just talking about the GL corp but all the corps as well, since they’re all aliens name and its a book(obviously) I can’t tell how they’re pronounce.

Also, I’m not asking for a rundown on every character just a few or I guess as many as you can name.

3 Likes

Most of them are just pronounced how they look. Are there any particular ones you’re unsure about?

2 Likes

Here’s a few:

• Arisia=A-reez-ee-uh
• Katma Tui=Cat-muh-too-ee
• Salaak=Suh-lack

Fun Fact: The “Corps” of Green Lantern Corps is always pronounced as “core”, just like the Marine Corps. It is never “corpse”. :00_lc_green_lantern1:

3 Likes

There were some but It’ll take too long to find them but these are characters I don’t know if I was pronounce right or not.

Anyways that’s how I’ve been pronouncing them but again, Idk if I’m doing right.

Soranik(So-Ran-ik)
Ch’p(I just say Chip)
Lyssa Drak(Lisa Drac)
Zilius Zox(Zil-i-us Zoxz)
Skallox(Skal-loxz)

1 Like

Thanks

I’ve noticed that, always thought it was weird.

2 Likes

This really is the eternal question in all sci-fi/fantasy. It’s always fun to finally hear the creators and writers say the name and it’s totally different than how you’ve been pronouncing it in your head for the last decade.

3 Likes

Has geoff Johns, Peter tomasi, or any other green lantern writer ever confirmed how to pronounce the name of their characters?

1 Like

I’m not aware of anything specific. But whenever I’m curious on how to pronounce something, I just search for video/audio interviews. Sometimes you can find something, sometimes (a lot of the time) you can’t.

3 Likes

To me, it’s pretty obvious how corps should be pronounced. You wouldn’t go up to a Marine and say “So, how are things in the corpse?”. Not unless you wanted a deserved stern staredown, or worse.

The sad thing is, some YouTube comic channels don’t get this and call the Green Lantern Corps the Green Lantern Corpse. These are channels that call out others for getting things wrong, yet they mess up what is admittedly a pretty obvious pronunciation of a simple word and not just once in one video, but many times in many videos.

Good point, but I always hear marine corps(Core) in person all the time so I was used to it. For green lantern corps, I only ever read the comics so I’ve pronouncing it green lantern corps the entire time.

1 Like