How do you keep track of your comics?

I try to remember what I have.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions.

And sorry to macjr for inadvertently giving you so much work :grin:

I personally lile using Comicspriceguide.com and a database on my personal pc to catalog all the bools I’ve bought and read. CPG can also give a rough price value on single books ( graded and raw ), and I like that.

@FlashLegacy, you did give me a problem, just prompted me to find it. :wink:

I actually solved the problem with the Comic Collector Live software last night though. It is more cost effective, for me, that the other options I had looked at, and this list is more or less complete. I will now need to go through my collection to see what might have been lost in the upgrades, but at least most of my inventory is there.

The software problem I was having was a two factor problem. 1. The CCL software’s web browser is outdated. This caused a problem with PayPal. When I copied the URL to the subscription page, my updated web browser was having issues that prevented me from seeing the navigation buttons, which included the button to pay for the subscription. This issue was not the fault of CCL, but of my web browser, or someone, or something, playing havoc with it. It could have just been a bad upgrade.

It may also be that I just had too many tabs open, and the browser cashe kept going bad. I have not split off several tasks to another web browser.

Problem solved.

MACJR

That should have read, “I have now split off severl tasks to another web browser.”

I also for got to number the 2 problem, but it is listed never the less.

MACJR

I use CLZ. It isn’t feee but scanning a barcode to upload the title with cloud supoort is really nice. You can also search by author artists etc when it’s convention time!

2 Likes

I have a Google sheet of the comics I read.

Date | Comic Title | Issues | Format

So it’d look like:

03/04/19 | Batman #507 | 1 | I/Physical

In the format column it’s “I” for Issue, “GV” for Graphic Novel, and “V” for Volume. Then Digital/Physical.

The Issues column allows me to get a sum of the issues read, and tells me how many was in a Volume. The date is strictly for analytical purposes.

Then I’ll group volumes I read over more than a day, with a row just with the title/format. Then leave the format out of the grouped issues I read.

For tracking I use the CLZ app.

As far as how I organize, I alphabatize, then sort by volume and number.

1 Like

wow captain old school here, i use a notebook. I have it broken down by vol, title and company. in recent years i broke it down by recent era’s (NU52,Rebirth). So i rite out issue numbers, then mark them off as i receive them through subscription or ebay. Been doing it this way sinse about 1991. Every 3 years or so, i have to buy a new notebook and update it. something i love to do. the last time i did this i had to take a four day weekend off of work to do so. I put on some comic type movies or shows/cartoons in the backround and update my records.

1 Like

https://comicbookrealm.com/

It keeps track of the value as well, which is always fun to see. It also lets you create multiple lists, so I have all my longboxes listed and organized

2 Likes

Oh I’m old school. I have a note book where I write down weeklys I pick up and then cross them out in highlighter. Blue highlighter is ‘read’ and then if it goes into the next week and I still haven’t read it I highlight it yellow. But I’ve started moving a lot of it into a note on my phone/laptop. For trades and hardcovers that I do in a google doc and have it sorted out by character and catalogue it by ‘read’ and ‘want to read.’ I also try to organise it chronologically

1 Like

Old fashion pen and paper is a always a reliable sure bet. If you prefer to keep it digital then fire up your favorite word processor. These might take more effort but you get to create your very own system and modify it specifically to your own specific tastes.