How Do You Feel About Your Fav Characters Across Mediums?

A question to and for all dc superhero fans?

Ok so I’m a huge Superman Fan will never deny it ; I will probably have an S on my casket thats how much of a fan I am! So it upset me to see obvious copies of Superman. Now here is my question how does it make you feel to see copies of your favorite character in other mediums. Also, would it make it better if the character was being spoofed? I for one enjoy seeing a characters being spoofed, its the same power set and pretty much same character just different name. I find it to be lazy writing. Here is an example Mr. Majestic originally from the Wildstorm universe before DC bought it. Mr. Majestic has enough to be different from Superman to have an argument against plagiarism , basically I feel like Mr. Majestic was copy and pasted with a different name. The same argument can be said for Homelander from the Boys but they made the character a superbrat ! Now I will say Brightburn is the exception; I look at it as an What If story and its thought provoking. Also, writers and directors basically said this is a rip-off for the sole purpose to have this what if story. So tell me what you think and how you feel of copies of your Favorite characters?

1 Like

Kind of proud to be honest, superman is an idel hero and the fact that so many people are trying to reach his popular and heroism really shows how much of an impact superman made.

1 Like

Its cool to see the impact of Superman as a character on popular culture. I just don’t like some of the perverse copies like Homelander; I’m happy they didn’t make him an Alien.

Not so many Kara copies exist. Closest you get might be Captain Marvel and Starlight. Both great, inspirational characters. I wouldn’t mind more similar characters. It’s what’s needed in this day and age.

1 Like