How Do You Feel About Teen Titans Go?

What I’m picking up is that a few episodes really disappointed you. I know that can be a thing. I have a friend who says his girlfriend can’t stand watching David Tennant as the Doctor, in “Doctor Who,” because she first saw him play Barty Crouch, Jr, in one of the Harry Potter movies. At least you both have other choices, and can avoid what hurts.

2 Likes

Teen Titans Go! is my happiest of happy places. I survived 30 years’ clinical depression, wishing for a terminal illness, and now I take extra care not to fall back into that. Teen Titans Go! doubled down on the funny, and I find the writers and visual artists actually put a lot of thought and effort into everything. They’re gone beyond even the 2003 comics series, which hid references to MST3K, in nearly every issue.

Just now, I was watching the episode Cat’s Fancy/Leg Day, and when I saw the headquarters of the League of Legs, I heard Darren McGavin, as the dad in “A Christmas Story” excited over receiving “a major award!” That reference made my day.

4 Likes

The 2003 TT show is one of my favorite DC cartoons if only because it’s such a “lightning in a jar” concept. But I don’t have any quarrels with TTG, despite me preferring the original by a mile. I actually thought the movie was fantastic.

3 Likes

Me seeing all the love the show is getting

4 Likes

teen titans go okay show something i enjoy the movie and the night begins to shine
two good thing that was alright

3 Likes

Last February, Taffyfilms posted on Deviantart this fanmade art for the idea crossover titled "JELLYSTONE! vs. TEEN TITANS GO!. And the plot, is when the Teen Titans find about the Jellystone series and they don’t like them, and decide to kick them out of Jellystone City.

5 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

:smiley:

:00_teen_titans:

5 Likes

@TheTerrificToyman, It’s a good watch, but not the best.

3 Likes

Heck, I’d watch that :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Eh.

3 Likes

It’s not my favorite version but I don’t get triggered and go absolutely bazzerk when TTG is mentioned… like some people.

Funny enough, I actually watched TTG first, and I loved the show when I first started watching it because I was completely unaware of the original cartoon, and this was before the live action version was even announced. At that time, I had accepted the show as what it was and thought nothing of it. Since then I learned better, I absolutely love both the original cartoon and the live action show, but I could never hate TTG because it brings me back to when I first got into DC back when I was 13.

4 Likes

I, Was Never Ever A Big Fan of teen Titans Go!
But I Don’t Think I’m Part of Their Target Audience!
I’m 51 Years Old!

I Love the Teen Titans Series!
I Find the Teen Titans Go Too Be Too Babyish!
I Think teen Titans Go Too Be Targeting Little Kids!

4 Likes

And the upcoming 365th episode of TTG!, when the Titans meets director Zack Snyder.

3 Likes

As much as I enjoy it (in spite of a few weak episodes this season), I do think the makers of the show missed an opportunity by not making Bumblebee the leader of the group when they had the chance. She’s more appealing as a team leader than Robin was, plus she had actual super powers. She also made a great straight woman for the team, and her personality would have contrasted nicely with the others.

3 Likes

You know what, I know I made a recent post about this a while back but I’m gonna make an updated one.

Is it the best? No. But something in my gut told me that I should start watching the show again. Why? Because it makes me happy. I really don’t care how silly, absurd, how loosely cartoonish it really is… it brought me back to a time in my life where I was probably the most happy. No depression, not much anxiety, and I didn’t have to give myself a prep talk in the mirror everyday. I was 13, the only thing I had to look forward to was the eighth grade and being a “senior” in middle school.

Now that I’m an adult, who battles trying to be happy anytime I’m alone for 5 minutes, going back and watching this show has the same effect as watching funny animal/pet videos on YouTube. I don’t have to get stressed out about the lore, because there is little to none with TTG. I don’t have to get upset about the story being bad because it really doesn’t matter anyway. There are episodes where the team literally dies at the end of the episode, but that doesn’t make it the series finale, it goes onto the next episode like nothing happened at all. And it’s nice to be able to sit back and watch a show without thinking so much, because I think a whole lot more than I should, especially lately.

TL;DR… it’s not for everyone, but is it really worth getting worked up over? There’s literally people who apparently made this show their own bazzerk button and if you even mention the title their head spins around like the exorcist or some :poop:. The fact that we live in a world where we get negatively worked up over fiction… our lives must be pretty great if the only thing that bothers us is a cartoon not being perfect. Just something to think about… just sayin’

5 Likes

I agree 100%

I can put on any episode, at anytime and know for a fact it’s going to make me laugh.

4 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, when I saw the notification that you replied to me, I was kinda scared that it was gonna be a negative thing, simply because of this topic :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

In general, I try not to be negative to anyone about anything, even if I disagree. So if you see that I’ve replied or @'d you, it’s a pretty safe bet that it’s no worries.

But especially concerning Teen Titans Go. I LOVE that show.

4 Likes

Good to know :+1:

And I just realized that you were the one that created this thread… context clues that I initially missed :sweat_smile:

5 Likes