How do Movies work on here?

Yesterday, June 30th, films including “Batman and Robin” were available to watch on this streaming service. Now, on July 1st, several films including “Batman and Robin” are gone from the streaming service.

Now, I have heard that this site rotates movies in and out. Is this true? If so, does it apply to TV shows too? And is there anyway to know when certain films leave and come back to the site?

They usually post in the Watchtower section when something is going to be leaving the service. Here’s a list of what left and what is coming that they posted last month.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/watchtower/what-movies-are-coming-to-a

4 Likes

When do they usually post these kinds of announcements? Meaning, when can we expect them to say what will be leaving/arriving in August?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know. They have said that they’ll give us at least a two week notice.

3 Likes

Well, I do hope those movies return soon. I have seen a handful of scenes from “Batman and Robin” - enough to know why it is infamously bad - but I haven’t seen it all the way through

1 Like

It’s always a good idea to check the Watchtower forums for any news regarding movies…or just the app in general. The Moderators are really good about letting us know what’s coming and what’s leaving.

2 Likes

I think it’ll be back soon enough. Most of the stuff that they’re adding was on here previously and then removed, just a couple of months ago.

1 Like

In a weird way, it’s a good thing. Batman: Year One is a perfect example. I haven’t seen it in a while. It hasn’t been on the app for a few months, but when I saw it was coming back I said to myself “Hmmm…I’d like to see that again!” Out of sight, out of mind, but when its back you have the urge to watch it.

2 Likes

I totally agree, @superby1. Absence makes the heart grow fonder! Movies I’ve seen already, or even own, feel like a big event when they debut on here.

2 Likes

Ok, yeah… but I was about 25 minutes into watching Michael Keaton as Batman for the first time in years, then POW! nuthin…

So kinda annoying way to find out about Watchtower. But I do love the whole “randomize the reinforer” PshychoScience experiment we’ve all unwittingly signed up for!
Go Team Mad Science!

@TheTeague, please also check your notification settings as we also send out emails and newsletters with a lot of information in them. You can only do this on Desktop, not the app though. Just go Profile > Settings > Account > Edit E-mail preferences. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thought I would add that @EDT asked if it applied to TV shows too. As someone who has been here from day 1 (or maybe it was day 2. Something like that) I can say that so far they have not rotated out any TV series. Hoping saying that doesn’t jinx it and as far as I know no promises have been made, but in the roughly 9 months this service has been out they have only added and never removed TV series be them old ones or DCU Originals.

Yea, I’ve never seen television shows removed or rotated. I think they’re safe

When does the new batman/tmnt cartoon movie get rotated in thus app?

That’s gonna be tough due to that moving being a joint venture between DC Universe and Nickelodeon.