How Do I Start With Mister Miracle?

What is best comic book to start reading mister miracle? I have read the last version by Tom King and I want to know more about the 4th world.

2 Likes

I would start with Jack Kirby’s Fourth World work (1970-73) if you want to know the character and his world. There’s actually a lot going on with the New Gods.

…but, you can read King’s MM without understanding a lot about the character. All I feel you need to understand is that he loves his wife more than you can imagine, and there’s pretty much nothing he can’t escape from.

2 Likes

Jack Kirby, it’s that simple, read his series

2 Likes

Thanks. I will look into that and yeah, I read King’s run and I really like it although I didn’t know most of the characters.

1 Like

Mister Miracle reader:

2 Likes

The Kirby original.

When you want a solid starting point for anything involving his work/creations/co-creations, always start with The King.

1 Like

If you can afford it, the DC Fourth World Omnibus collects all of Kirby’s entire run in chronological order.

Outside of the original Kirby stuff and his later solo series, Mister Miracle is also great in the Justice League International series of the 1980s.