How do I start reading? I never opened a comic befor.

It’s so good to see everyone jumping in to offer advice and help! You’re all amazing, thank you for making this community such a welcoming place! <3

Starting into comics doesn’t have to be intimidating, @s.olozagaste423.20927. There are a ton of wonderful stories you can dive into, as well as reading lists, breakdowns, and easy to follow dives into characters and plotlines. What I would suggest is taking a look at our comic book section, where you might be able to find even more helpful advice: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/comics

4 Likes

@TurokSonOfStone1950 Thanks, to be fair I worked at a comic shop for years that also was a used book shop. because of that a lot of people went through the comics section that likely would not have wandered into a plain Comic Book store. Which brought a lot of new to comics or relatively new to comics types. And “what should I read” was always the first but hardest question to tackle, unless they could follow it with “I love Batman/Superman/Spider-man/Wonder Woman”. But sometimes they couldn’t give me even that so we had to think on our feet.

1 Like

Never have read a comic doesn’t mean you are not knowledgeable about certain characters (e.g. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman)-they are America’s mythology. Honestly, I would start with the “New 52” years, which lead to the current era. You will get a handle on where we’ve been and how we got to where we are now.

2 Likes