How do I go about selling my Golden Age Batman collection?

The title of the tread is pretty self explanatory, I’m considering sell some of my Golden Age comics, I’ve had them for decades and it just seems time to start passing some of them on. No idea how to do this. Thanks!

2 Likes

Have you done research on eBay to look at the most recent completed auctions for the books you want to sell? That’s a good place to start.

You can also confer with local comic stores on what they’d be interested in buying and what their respective payouts could be. You should bring your books with you so they have something to take a gander at. If you go in and say you’re thinking of selling something and ask what they’d likely pay, their response will likely be of the “Bring it in and we’ll take a look variety.”

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With golden age books you’re probably better going through an auction house since there are very few comic shops with the finances to buy golden age books.

2 Likes

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. I have heard too many stories of people, typically the elderly, getting ripped off or taken advantage of when it comes to golden age comics. I suggest do your research on the current market of SOLD golden age batman books (and all golden age books are very very hot right now). Low grade early batman/detective comic titles go for a sizable amount at low grades.

If you are luckily enough to know a shop or fellow collector who can sell for you as consignment, that’d be another option.

Planning on going to a big convention? take the books with you to comic dealers. All of them have cash at the ready.

I personally know a very reputable private collector/dealer who has a network collectors and dealers he has gotten to know over the decades. If you need his contact info, I will ask him if I can give it. He is based in Las Vegas.

I hope you go through the selling process with more knowledge and good fortune.

1 Like

comiclink or heritage auctions are also a great source to sell books! hope this helps

2 Likes

Thanks to all for the advice. Most of the books I’m thinking of selling are probably midgrade. The “worst” one is a copy of Batman 15, the machine gun cover issue. It looks great, but sadly is missing a poster on the inside. Also have Batman 50, second appearance of two face I’m willing to part with, but I don’t think I can bring my self to part with my early joker cover books just yet. I’m not elderly, but I am 65 and my wife is 70, so I’ve decided to start finding new homes for my collection so I don’t have to worry about it down the road.

2 Likes

check out mycomicshop dot com … they can grade your books and buy them or you can sell on consignment or by auction

for almost 60 years they’ve been in business, very fair and professional, I’ve never been disappointed over the course of buying many dozens of titles old and new

1 Like