How are Doom Patrol and Titans Connected - Timeline/Universe?

There is no connection between Doom Patrol and Titans, despite the re-usage of actors.

1 Like

I am asking this because In Titans they had an Episode called doom Patrol and it Showcased all the characters including Danny the Street. Excluding Crazy Jane and Cyborg. The chief is played by two different people (I think) and in Doom Patrol they make no reference to Beast Boy. I also have read articles talking about how they are connected. If Titans and Doom Patrol connected within the Same universe will they have a cross over?

3 Likes

Yes but Doom Patrol was written without consideration for Titans. So there’s no clear continuity.

1 Like

No.

Despite sharing actors and characters, there is absolutely no connection between Titans and the Doom Patrol TV series as per both the showrunners of Doom Patrol and actress April Bowlby (who was the first to clarify that the two shows aren’t connected by revealing in an interview that the version of Rita that she plays on DP does not know Gar/Beast Boy).

3 Likes

I think it’s a grey area.

^ It’s not.

1 Like

Sort of but still not but it’s cool that the actors reprise their roles for both shows.

1 Like

^ They’re not “reprising” their roles; they’re playing two completely different versions of the same characters… just like Matt Ryan has done with John Constantine in the Arrowverse and for the animated film Justice League Dark and its follow-up/companion series/movie Constantine: City of Demons.

Wait! So I can watch Doom Patrol without having to watch Titans!? YES!!!

1 Like

^ I enjoyed what I’ve seen of TITANS, but, yes, you can watch DOOM PATROL on its own.

1 Like

So, Cyborg IS in Titans?! Good, I don’t have to wonder now! Haven’t watched it because he wasn’t on the main pic for Titans, and didn’t know if Doom Patrol was taking place before.

“So Cyborg IS in Titans?”

No.

The Doom Patrol in the Titans universe consisted originally of The Chief, Negative Man, Robotman, Beast Boy, and Elasti-Woman, but after Gar’s departure, presumably now consists of The Chief, Negative Man, Robotman, Elasti-Woman, and possibly Shyleen Lao.

1 Like

Nooooo I was looking forward to someday seeing Crazy Jane in Titans :disappointed:

1 Like

We might if dc universe dies crossovers

1 Like

No, Titans and Doom Patrol no longer share the same universe. The Doom Patrol have never met Gar in their show.

1 Like

Officially, the two shows take place in different universes, although there is clearly also a Doom Patrol in the world of Titans. It’s just easier that way. This way, no one has to share or coordinate. Which I can understand, although the possibility of a crossover might have been interesting. Of course, there’s no reason why the Titans universe version couldn’t show up again, or why there couldn’t be a similar but slightly different version of the Titans on Doom Patrol. Probably not, though.

2 Likes

Before I join DC Universe, I have never heard of Doom Patrol, I wouldn’t know anything about them. Today I watch episode 4 of Titians, I really enjoy the episode, i like each of the characters, They have a great sene of humor, mostly Mr. Negative Man does. I notice they like to eat alot! Seeing that they added a bit of mystery about the dead girl got me to like them a bit more, thinking that the spin-off will have a mystery in each episodes. While I’m sorry that the actor who play chief won’t be back in the spinn-off, I am looking forward to see James Bond Timothy Dalton to play The Chief! Doom Patrol reminds me a lot like Marvel X-Men. I can’t wait til next year, hope we don’t have to wait to long for it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was that Celsius in a cameo???

1 Like

Doom Patrol came out a few months before X-men in the 60s. You can Google the whole history of it, but the similarities were striking, given how close the books were published. A similar coincidence occurred when Marvel published Man-Thing a few months before Swamp Thing in the 70s.

Doom Patrol looks like it has the potential to be a much better show than Titans in my opinion. It had a Tim Burton feel that was unique among the super hero shows. Plus it had all the characters you wanted in the show. The radical redesign of Starfire, the absence of Cyborg and Donna Troy, and the grim tone have dulled my enjoyment of the show. I just started watching the Arrowverse shows and enjoy the brighter tone of those shows.

1 Like

The first time I saw the Doom Patrol was in the Teen Titans animated series.

2 Likes