House of Romance 19 - Are Romance Comics Foolish?

The dead eyes and impossible hair.

2 Likes

I always just equated to these being the 90s. The hair isnā€™t too bad. However, the eyes just seem like an afterthought. Those smiles are things from nightmares.

1 Like

On second thought, I wonder if that huge smile and weird hair was inspired by Joan Rivers?

1 Like

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love did not disappoint. It was a great story of love, loss, and murder. I agree with @Jay_Kay this book has some great aspects that made it a great book. I feel like the pacing in this book was appropriate. I didnā€™t feel like the story was being pushed too far to get to some romantic ending. Each stage of the story had purpose and meaning. The leading lady, Mary, I mean Ellen was a solid character. She wasnā€™t a complete push over. The conspirators were great.They thought they had Ellen convinced but their greed for the better of them.

The back-up story was enjoyable as well. I liked the vacationing girl finding mystery and romance.

2 Likes

The Birds of Prey #8 book was really something. I get chocked up anytime I see someone overcoming disabilities. I havenā€™t read anything of when Batgirl became Oracle. I have read The Killing Joke so Iā€™m aware that they made the effects of that encounter with Joker cannon. I really loved the Batgirl new 52 series which allowed her to recover from her injuries. I vaguely know of the working/romantic relationship between Barbara Gordon and Dick Grayson but this issue captures a very intimate moment between the two of them. Great stuff!

2 Likes

If youā€™re interested in reading more, the Birds of Prey Club has been digging into that stuff, and are just about to start to read the original BOP series. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, her Suicide Squad debut is known for how it depicted her after being shot.