House of Mystery Week 1 discussion

Welcome to House of Mystery. With this thread I hope to generate unique topics, or start unique discussions each week. If no one answers this thread then I’ll cancel it faster than an Ambush Bug reboot. This weeks topic is Whats your favorite Batman The Animated Series episode? Mine is the man who killed batman. I love this episode because it was the first one I saw as a kid. Plus it has an amazing Joker performance by Mark Hamill. Also I love the entrance Batman makes at the end. Probably the best Batman entrance in the entire series. This episode to me encapsulates everything that makes Batman Batman. Also you cant go wrong with a Dini and Timm episode. Perfect intro episode for new fans also. What are your favorite episodes.

3 Likes

Robins Reckoning

3 Likes

The nightmare episode with the mad hatter trying to keep Batman from waking up. Why villians don’t unmask him when they have the chance, I’ll never know.

3 Likes

I would agree with both of you robins reckoning is a great great robin story, plus the nightmare one with the hatter has a great way that bruce figures out its a dream. nice picks.

3 Likes

Shadow of the Bat

1 Like

Ah man I dont know how but I totally forgot about Shadow of The Bat. This was one of my favorites growing up. I have my love of red heads because of seeing Barbara Gordon Batgirl in this episode.

3 Likes

The whole series is fantastic but Beware the Gray Ghost with Adam West is probably my favorite. Robins Reckoning would be really, really. close second and depending on what kind of mood I was in I might tell you if was my favorite instead.

3 Likes

Beware The Gray Ghost is a perfect episode. It has a nice nostalgic feel to it. I love the idea and character of the Gray Ghost. Plus Bruce Timm does a good job of voicing the villain. The Gray Ghost theme is one of my favorite Shirley Walker scores. My favorite scene is when Bruce is watching The Gray Ghost, and for a couple of moments you see him feel free and like a kid again.

3 Likes