House of Horror

Finally wrapping up season 5 of Lucifer and all I have to say is that was intense. I am very happy that they have decided to do a season 6 because season 5 closed on sort of a cliffhanger.

4 Likes

I feel like I want to read the Vertigo issues before watching the show, so I can be thoroughly disappointed. :joy:

3 Likes

I can’t get too disappointed. I think of tv shows/movies as different stories. Why would I want to watch something that was exactly the same as I just read. Need I remind you of the 90s Psycho?

3 Likes

I agree, I’m not one of those guys who wants a recreation of the same story. I just like when the world that was built and I enjoyed is mostly similar. I’ve heard that the book is very different from the show,to the point it is a different genre.

3 Likes

It is Sunday morning-ish, so of course, I am watching another movie hosted by Elvira! If you want to watch Elvira for free, check out the Shout Factory streaming app. The app is free and features MST3K as well as Elvira.

The movie I am watching is I Eat Your Skin but NOTLD is also on the same disc.

Have you horror hounds watched a scary movie this past week or planning to watch one today?

3 Likes

Big news @HouseofHorror, looks like two new Horror series have been announced. I know many of you Horror Hounds will dig this book from the bottom of the ocean. DC’s HILL HOUSE Returns With ‘Refrigerator Full of Heads’ | DC (dccomics.com) a HILL HOUSE COMICS. I guess rumors of the death of the imprint were greatly mistaken. It is a continuation of the original Basketful of Heads story by Rio Youers, art by Tom Fowler. Release date, 10/19/2021.

The next book is in the DC Horror Imprint. " DC Horror Expands With ‘Soul Plumber’ | DC (dccomics.com)" by podcasters, Marcus Parks, Henry Zebrowski and Ben Kissel with art by John McCrea. The book will be coming out on both DCUI on release date 10/5/2021. So there will be no need to wait.

What do you guys think? I know I absolutely love Basketful of Heads and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us.

I’m super excited for the day and date release on DCUI of Soul Plumber, I’m going to be reading this the day it comes out for sure. I need to know what he sucks out of some guy that’s worse than a demon.

4 Likes

@LaserPuff these both look amazing. With the second release of DC Horror announced I am getting the bigger picture of the imprint. The first book was a big horror series franchise tie-in and this book features writers from a popular horror movie podcast. At first glance, this is a horror imprint but in the scope of the first two titles, this is attempting to appeal to non-comic readers on a different level. I honestly cannot say if I have seen this kind of push from any other DC imprint. Horror is the perfect genre as horror movie fans are rabid for anything horror.

The first thing I saw on this post was that Refrigerator Full of Heads cover and without reading anything I thought it was a spoof. Then I thought of the girl in a fridge scenario and sort of rolled my eyes. I am happy I decided to read the link you provided and saw this is very real. Now I am curious if Hill House will have more books on the horizon.

Not horror news related, I am about to watch this “gem”. It is Sunday morning after all.

(have I mentioned I am a creature of habit?)

3 Likes

Still planning on heading to your shop with u @D4RK5TARZ. I’m car shopping as we speak. So, I will have mobility soon. Than it’s only 20-30 minutes depending on how deep in Cleveland it is & were there.

2 Likes

I am in a bigger suburb of Cleveland and not Lakewood. I will DM you more info in a bit!

2 Likes

Cool :sunglasses: I woke up at 6:45pm. Wasn’t even up late or anything? So my days cut in half. Was just cleaning up messages & reading for a bit b4 I start my morning basically lol.

2 Likes

I had to look up the girl in the fridge reference. That is an unfortunate historical footnote. I’m glad it isn’t related.

Did you see they are releasing Conjuring: The Lover #1 early, 8/24/2021 to DCUI?

3 Likes

I did!!! Soon both DC Horror titles will be on DCUI!!!

3 Likes

So exciting!

4 Likes

Hey @HouseofHorror I was checking out the Fandome 2021 site and umm:

Leading up to DC FanDome and the event day itself, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will be releasing more than 300 comics and graphic novels available to read for FREE with registration. New titles will be available each week, starting with the complete storyline of “Flashpoint”, fan-favorite series “Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol. 1” and, available for the first time on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, “The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes”!

It appears The Sandman is coming to DCUI!!! I am hoping it will be here longer than Fandome because I can definitely picture a future of HoH covering The Sandman by Neil Gaiman!

Maybe I went a little spoiler happy but I think it was worth it.

3 Likes

Holy :poop: that is awesome news!

2 Likes

I am SURPRISED this is not being talked about more…by ANYONE!!! I mean, this is maybe the second most requested series after Watchmen for DCUI.

2 Likes

cough…cough

3 Likes

@LaserPuff we might need to call an audible for October planning?

1 Like

I’ll be reading it as soon as it becomes available.

2 Likes

So now huh?

2 Likes