House of Horror

Nice choice, I love Elvira!

2 Likes

I have most of her DVDs and am slowly working my way through them. I was honestly surprised The Devil’s Wedding Night was included and I would HATE to see the TV cut of that movie.

2 Likes

I love her too. I think she might’ve subliminally lead me towards a love for Goth girls & punk music. I watched her show as a little kid. Than when the whole Goth/ Punk music thing started it was like watching her in the form of music? If that makes sense?

2 Likes

I had a huge crush on her as a kid, and still do really.

2 Likes

I really wish more of her House of Mystery comics would show up on here. Being honest, the stories weren’t great but her witty banter was excellent.

3 Likes

Same here. She’s a true original. Cornered that market so completely nobody could even ride the coattails of what she had going cuz there was nothing else like it.

2 Likes

It is Sunday morning and I am starting the day off right. I have a fresh cup of coffee and about to start this Full Moon disasterpiece. At least, the movie is hosted by Elvira.

3 Likes

There ya go!!! I’m about to read. Tons of stuff I gotta catch up on…

1 Like

Hey @HouseofHorror Horror Hounds :house_of_horror: there is some DC Horror TV news out there.

It’s being reported that JJ Abrams, Bad Robot and Angela Robinson are going to be doing a Madame Xanadu tv series along side a Justice League Dark Series and a Constantine Series

Hollywood Reporter

I am personally a Madame Xanadu fan and would love to see a version of her story on tv. I wonder if they will go with more of the traditional version of her character or if they will go with the National Comics version. I feel like if they are going to go with a connected universe that they are going to go the New 52 route where she is on the Justice League Dark team. But then again TV loves cop/lawyer shows so the National Comics version is more likely.

Here is some reading material, some from days gone by and some that if my :crystal_ball: is accurate may be coming to the club’s future.

Doorway to Nightmare

Madame Zanadu (Vertigo)

Justice League Dark (New 52)

National Comics Madame X

Are you guys excited for an HBO Max is going to bring some more magic to the DCU?

• Magic to the Max!
  • Keep your magic out of my Superhero world!
  • There’s magic in the DC Universe?
  • Haruspex is better than crystal balls.

0 voters

Not related but still a great song!

2 Likes

I am excited for the new HBOMax shows. I do wish they would release season 2 of Doom Patrol on Vudu already!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, what’s up with that! Doom patrol was one of the few DCU shows I watched while it was on this service. I need to get caught up, but then that is the story of my life.

2 Likes

DC ANNOUNCES ITS COMIC-CON@HOME 2021 PANEL LINE-UP

DC HORROR - DC READ WITH THE LIGHTS ON
Friday, July 23, 2021 at 4 p.m. PT/7 p.m. ET
Join DC Editor Katie Kubert as she talks about the scariest stories in the Multiverse and beyond with James Tynion IV ( The Nice House on the Lake ), David Johnson-McGoldrick ( The Conjuring : The Lover ), Bill Sienkiewicz ( The Conjuring: The Lover, 30 Days of Night ), and Matthew Rosenberg ( The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox, Task Force Z ). Find out what’s crawling out of nightmares and into the pages of DC’s horror comics this summer.

3 Likes

I don’t think I have anything planned that day!!!

3 Likes

Sweet Tooth and Lucifer are #1 and #3 respectively on the Neilsen streaming charts!

Deadline

3 Likes

I need to finish Lucifer before I begin Sweet Tooth. Thanks for reminding me!

Edit: Started the last half of Lucifer season 5. Tom Ellis singing Wicked Game is just glorious.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this series. It is kind of weird seeing Madame Xanadu in a secondary role, even if it was her book. She was a host that would have a cameo in the story.

3 Likes

I haven’t watched Lucifer but a cast sung album seems like it would be fun. Do they do a lot of singing in this show like Glee or something?

3 Likes

Not really Glee level but over 5 seasons they have an album of songs sung by the cast throughout the series.

3 Likes

Yeah, it kind of makes sense though being a fortune teller she sees others stories all the time from a distance but she gets involved so she becomes part of the story.

3 Likes

It made complete sense. Especially, with the stories being told. I also remember them leaning into romance territory which I also really liked. Fun fact, this was also one of the DC horror comics I was reading when I began thinking about creating HoH.

3 Likes