House of Horror

Wait - does this mean you’ve read the Raven: Daughter of Darkness series that ran for 12 issues?

2 Likes

Yes it’s incredible, imho…

2 Likes

I love that series! It makes me angry that there are some characters that DC doesn’t try new things with or at least not very often. I can see Raven having her own ongoing or show up as a supporting character in non-Titans related books

4 Likes

Something I think is still in the realm of Horror - do y’all think a crossover between the Addams Family and A Series of Unfortunate Events could work?

(Side note: love both 90s movies, not a fan of the show Wednesday. Couldn’t finish episode 3, but I do think the casting of Ortega, Zeta Jones & Luis is great.)

3 Likes

I believe this is or was on our to be read list. I think we have to make sure it will fit in with the horror motif.

5 Likes

Don’t forget we have a Non-DC comics conversation space. link

I’ve only read the first 7 volumes of the manga but I think it is a fun read.

6 Likes

Just read the first issue of Knight Terrors and a thought popped into my head. Now, I haven’t been keeping up with updates regarding info for this event. But it seems like they are creating new characters to be the villains of this story. Which is fine…but to me, it would make a lot of sense to connect this to The Endless.

The first issue has a lot of talk and mentions to dreams and nightmares. It has Dr. Destiny, even references he used to have the Dream Stone. And there was even a little something from Deadman about how death and dreams are connected, something like siblings.

I was iffy on having Dream/Daniel show up in an even comic like Metal. But if any event does require involvement of The Endless, this one is certainly presenting a strong argument for it.

5 Likes

Sorry in advance in case I needed to ask permission first. But if anyone here also happens to be a big Stephen King and wants to discuss his work, there is an official thread for that.

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/the-stephen-king-thread/3338198

And…in an attempt to still make this post vaguely related to comics, here is a pic of Lucifer

4 Likes

He did those Skinner Sweet backups in the early issues of American Vampire.

There’s your comic’s connection. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @HouseofHorror we have a few new books to read!

7 Likes

I’m almost finished with the second made for tv “The Stand”. I own the original on DVD :dvd: lol. I’m a pretty big fan, but my best friend is probably more on your level of knowledge. He’s been doing King reading and watching orders for years. I’m a fan of every single King work I’ve ever indulged. There might be some bad ones? But I haven’t seen em yet…

2 Likes

Never saw that version. The original 90s one was pretty damn good though. Go in over to the thread if you want

3 Likes

Yes it was… I love Laura San Giacomo. I believe I was just at your thread? I do my messages from the bottom up & I’ve been offline for a while. But I definitely read an entire thread about King :crown:. I was like….

2 Likes

Finally started reading Mike Carey’s “Lucifer”. Do y’all consider this Horror Fantasy or Dark Fantasy?

5 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to read this series yet, so I couldn’t tell ya. :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to checking it out though.

4 Likes

I consider it horror personally on that one. That’s just my opinion & I’m around halfway through, which is still quite a bit lol. But, it reads as horror over fantasy to me. Although, that’s a very good question to ask because I could easily see successfully arguing that it is fantasy. I guess dealer’s choice?

5 Likes

Greetings Horror-friends! :house_of_horror: Just wanted to drop this off—curious what you all think! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Curious question - do we have a separate thread to discuss Horror books, something similar to the thread for discussing Horror movies?

3 Likes

Thought this was the thread

4 Likes

So…are we not gonna adress the fact that Frankenstein is an actual character in DC Comics? Like part of the main universe? It’s weird, right?

4 Likes